SpeedWake.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on a recommdendation from a member, we've added a new section for Outboard Boats

Enjoy!

:)

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
who came up with this idea ? what are the possibilities that i could be on the cutting edge of a new/ old trend in boating :D either way , i'm loving it :laugher:

·
BANNED
13,676 Posts
Talking with tcob yesterday. I'd like to try a 24-26 CAT with outboards.. After riding in his checkmate, i am amazed at the performance and fuel consumption he gets.. :D

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Rattlesnake Jake said:
Talking with tcob yesterday. I'd like to try a 24-26 CAT with outboards.. After riding in his checkmate, i am amazed at the performance and fuel consumption he gets.. :D
Theres a guy on OSO with a 30 spectre with 300's that runs over 100 for low 60's. I think he'll be in LG this weekend. Anyone want a Formula!!!!!!

I think the fuel consumption thing might be out the window with that though......

·
Registered
510 Posts
I made the transition from I/O to OB. I have some very shallow launches to navigate and it's very hard with an I/O dragging back there. It's amazing the speed gains to be had in OB's. I have a small boat 21' Checkmate Pulsare(v-hull) weighs in at about 1100lbs. I am powered with 225 EFI Mercury. This equates to 73.2 mph(gps). If I bump HP to 250. I would run 79-80mph.300HP would net me 90's. The HP increases to speed increases is far different from I/O's. When I was running my I/O it would have taken me 3 times the HP to get those speed increases(80-100HP to get 6-7mph).

Now, I too have the itch to get myself a cat. I'd like a 21-26' cat with single or twins.

·
phil48
26 Posts
An outboard motor (2stroke, fuel injection downwards) was never designed to be put under a truck/car bonnet. Soley to push a boat, and they do it well. How many inboards are there that are made from scratch that can say that. Castings for all inboards were originaly built for the roads. So please, stop insulting Mr Evinrude, the Johnson brothers and Mr K. Brilliant enineers, all of them, and Charles Strang .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts