Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

New Outboard Section on Speedwake

16K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  RCHEVELLE71 
#1 ·
Based on a recommdendation from a member, we've added a new section for Outboard Boats

Enjoy!

:)

#14 ·
Rattlesnake Jake said:
Talking with tcob yesterday. I'd like to try a 24-26 CAT with outboards.. After riding in his checkmate, i am amazed at the performance and fuel consumption he gets.. :D
Theres a guy on OSO with a 30 spectre with 300's that runs over 100 for low 60's. I think he'll be in LG this weekend. Anyone want a Formula!!!!!!

I think the fuel consumption thing might be out the window with that though......

#18 ·
I made the transition from I/O to OB. I have some very shallow launches to navigate and it's very hard with an I/O dragging back there. It's amazing the speed gains to be had in OB's. I have a small boat 21' Checkmate Pulsare(v-hull) weighs in at about 1100lbs. I am powered with 225 EFI Mercury. This equates to 73.2 mph(gps). If I bump HP to 250. I would run 79-80mph.300HP would net me 90's. The HP increases to speed increases is far different from I/O's. When I was running my I/O it would have taken me 3 times the HP to get those speed increases(80-100HP to get 6-7mph).

Now, I too have the itch to get myself a cat. I'd like a 21-26' cat with single or twins.

#20 ·
An outboard motor (2stroke, fuel injection downwards) was never designed to be put under a truck/car bonnet. Soley to push a boat, and they do it well. How many inboards are there that are made from scratch that can say that. Castings for all inboards were originaly built for the roads. So please, stop insulting Mr Evinrude, the Johnson brothers and Mr K. Brilliant enineers, all of them, and Charles Strang .

#21 ·
No more I/O,s for me.I went out for two hours and used 7-gals.Iam fast again and Lovin It:D
Lavy craft 20.2 tunnel 225 pro-max,low 80,s..............:gunner:
I need to up date my handle.:cool:
Hey speedwake change my handle To: Big Bad Crazy Tunnel Boat Daddy!;)
picture is shown with old prop and old side water pick-up lower unit,My new bobs nose cone low water pick-up unit is on its way.......Iam waiting till the end of feb to order the new prop.Should be a 27 pitch 4-blade turning the pro-max to the limiter at 6500 rpm,s:yak:Do the math........:D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.