Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it looks all re-done, virtually new, and fairly original, no windshield, different gagues and paneling etc.
if you want a magnum and a piece of history i would say it would be worth it.
if you're a boater and just want an 27 off shore boat probably a bunch of other options out there for less than 50K.
my .02

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's better than most I see......but they missed the mark on a few things.

Worth 50K in my opinion.....

I'd like to figure out what the deck insert is.....it looks acurate except there are no screws holding it on.

Still looking for the deck bubble vent too....:)

BTW: Crackerbox....you have the most original Sport I've seen......I'm glad you seem to appreciate it....:)

Aaron

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks 24.... lot of history behind the magnums that i find to be quite interesting... trying to keep it as original as possible.
dont get me wrong, ive seen some sweet magnums that have been fully updated, super nice with alot of ammenities that i dont have that sometimes i wish it did.
let the count down to summer begin... almost march, snowed a little today in MI... im ready to get in the water.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got my windshield and it looks great but I haven't mounted it yet.

I too am dying to get out on the water. I have to find a slip this year.....trailering is a nightmare where I am.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aaron you gotta send me a pic of the windshield!
i think you said you got the "blue" if i remember correctly. I still need a piece of that for my gague cover think the piece is only like 9X13 inches.
if you can put me in contact with your windshield guy i would apperciate it.... if i can get that gague cover piece and it matches up nice, ill probably buy the port side section of the windshield as well. (mine's got a little crack)
thanks for the help

·
Registered
169 Posts
The windsheild is with the boat in storage in Fond du Lac Wisconsin......about 6 hours from me. I'm going to pick the boat up in a month.

We couldn't find the exact color I wanted but I think it will look cool. It's almost clear with a very light green tint. It's much lighter than yours. It seems like there were many different colors available which makes sense as the boats were custom made.

The guy who did it may be able to find the right match for you. His name is Don Racine at Racine design in Jacksonville Fl.....# 904-771-8170

Aaron

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very cool thanks for the info. yeah, gonna be a bit tough matching up pretty much anything on a 30 year old custom boat. that why i love them, all different and unique...
what lake do you run your boat on mostly?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lake Minnetonka.....just west of Minneapolis. It's a small lake compared to where you run but it has a lot of different bays and channels.

Lots of people live on the lake too so there's alway some activity. Not much for cool boats though. A few old Donzis and when I was a kid there used to be a Cigarette 28ss but I haven't seen that in 20 years. A freind said there's a 35 Magnum but I haven't seen it.

Where do you keep your boat?.....do you have to trailer?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I keep mine on Lake St. Clair about 30 miles north of Detroit. I keep it in indoor rack storage, I do have a trailer for it but I use it like once a year. I have it on the trailer right now in indoor heated storage. Did that this winter so I could access it and do a few projects. Hopefully wont have to do that again next year.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah its nice to have it... the storage building im in is freaking huge, all offshores... they rack up to 38 footer!!! you should see them pull one out, boat hanging way out and the back end of the fork lift looks a little light!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts