Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here own or know much about the Chrysler PT Cruisers ?
My wife wants to buy one, but I'm not completely sold on the idea yet.
Actually this might be boat related, it could tow a dingy ! :D
Thanks for any Comments !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
That was a one off show special. The 21 was an older boat that Hustler completely redid and installed a Whipplecharger. The PT cruiser was painted to match and it also featured a Whipplecharger. I saw the boat in person and loved it. :) Never saw the car. :(

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must have been for a static display only.
Car is only rated for 100 tongue weight and 1000# pull.
Even a supercharger won't give that lil 4-banger enough power to pull a Fastboat ! :D
Are you sure the boat wasn't towing the car ? :laugher:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
One of the PT Cruiser accessory companies has one that's powerd by a big inch Hemi and has the suspension from a Viper under it.:bigsmile:

One of my co-workers has one. Bought it about eight months ago. He loves it. Hasn't had a speck of trouble with it so far.
I was impressed with the interior space, comfort, sound system, looks, etc. It's one sharp looking little car.
The only problem is that it's made by Chrysler. Every Chrysler product I've ever owned has been a dog.
Maybe it's just my bad luck.:unhappy1:

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iggy said:
One of the PT Cruiser accessory companies has one that's powerd by a big inch Hemi
:

Damn, and I just sold my hemi ! :D
Actually, the cash from the engine will be paying for this if we get it.

OB, I heard that about the Neon, but found its not totally true. Good point though ! :( :)
The crash tests were rated very good, which surprised me. Maybe they were crashing it into one of those Neons ! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
250 Posts
There may be a V6 option next year-might be worth the wait. Especially if they use the new 2.7. I also heard there may be a five speed option-I don't think they make one now.
With a 2.7 and a five speed it would be quite trick.

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only engine option for next year is the turbo making 215 hp compared to the 150 hp it makes now.
The 5-spd is already an option.
Also a convertible will be available for 2004. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.