Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an idea.....
Anyone in the North / Central Texas area interested in forming some type of club for fast boats? Or maybe just organizing a type of "get-together"? See where it goes from there...?
If interested, post your ideas, comments here....

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Jeff,
Not too far from me. Maybe 1 1/2 hours. What lake does he like to boat in? Get him on here.....

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
he's a true motor head. He's into old truck with big engines....
I can't get him interested in boats. I think he's afraid of water...

:)

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He and I might get along after all. My other passion besides boats, is trucks. I have a Chevy 4x4 with a 461 ci big block Chevy. It`s my daily driver and the tow rig for my Baja......

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Hey Don is Houston far enuff north for ya????

Good Luck with the club, I am sure as time goes by we will get more folks from up your way!!!:D

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Don,
I also am around Houston - we sort of have a small club started down here. We hang in the San Jacinto river, you can take it all the way out into the gulf. So far the furthest anyone has gone starting from the river is Freeport,Tx. My boss and I bought charts the other day at lunch to plan a trip to New Orleans. I have the smallest boat, but not the slowest. If you like - contact me and we can get it together.
~S~

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey DonMan, didn't know I lived so close to the Bat Cave! :eek: Thought it was up in Gotham City.

I live in Arlington and we've got a bunch of Baja Buds we boat with around here also. Mostly go to Eagle Mountain and Joe Pool Lakes though some make it down to Travis for the Baja Poker Runs. Couple of the others are on the other board and have friends down to Houston area.

BTW, Catmando lives here in Arlington also.

L8R,
Scott

Checkmate Persuder 219
"Black Beauty"

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You didn`t realize you were so close to Gotham City?:D
I`m about 1:45 from Eagle Mountain Lake. Never been to Joe Pool. I usually go to Possum Kingdom or Texoma. Maybe we can hook up sometime this summer. All I have is a little Baja Hammer, so I feel like I get snubbed by the guys with the bigger boats sometimes. Funny thing is, I`m faster than most of those big boats!
Later on.......
Donnie

·
Registered
377 Posts
Gotham City... Yea, you drive a Bat Boat and live at the Bat Cave! Must be Gotham City.

We've gone to PK for the last two July 4th fireworks at Hell's Gate. Love it. Some friends of friends put a bunch of us up for the weekend at thier place up NW of Hell's Gate. Had a blast! Been up to Texoma for a couple of the annual Poker Runs. Didn't make it this year though. Nice lake, but rough during the poker run.

You must have a good engine in that Hammer. Couple of our friends down here have them. I run a 22' Checkmate with a 350 Mag. Not the fastest, but runs with the 7.4 Hammer and is lots of fun.

Love to hook up sometime.
Scott

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
July 4th at Hell`s Gate....What a time!!!!
I`ve got a 454 in the Hammer with a 5" exhaust system from Stainless Marine along with a K&N flame arrestor and a couple other little mods. Fine tuned by yours truly. It is just a hair under 70.
I`m doing a few things to it over the winter. I can`t wait for Spring!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is anyone still trying to get a club together, Im in the FT Hood area, Killeen. Dont have any other boaters around here that I know.

Craig

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Hey Donman........you know you can count on us! We'll help you get some people together.

As most of you know we're in Denton so we frequent Lewisville and hopefully Texoma this summer. I'm dying to take Zen to Possum Kingdom & Travis. My parents have an amazing lake house at Horseshoe Bay that I love to go to as well.
We'd love to meet up with anyone around here! Just pm Zen or me and let us know, we don't mind traveling a bit.
It doesn't matter what kind of boat you have or how big it is, as long as you're on the water and havin' a good time! :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sounds interesting, We boat on Cedar Creek lake. Having a place on the lake makes it nice , just drop and go.

I'm currently in the process of trying to work a deal/steal on an '05 Sunsation 288 Mid-Cabin.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Sounds good to me. We're on Texoma, and I wouldn't snub you. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts