Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we made reservations about a month ago for rooms and 6 dock slips at The RiverEdge in abay, we wanted Fri,Sat and Sun, They made us buy Wed,Thur,Fri,Sat and Sun and this weekend I get a message from the RiverEdge telling us they over booked the dock space so we do not have dock reservations, then I call them and they tell me this is correct but I still have the room reservations and they can not be canceled without a one night penalty charge do to it being within 3 weeks. WTF I will never spend a red cent there again as long as I live nor ever recommend that DUMP!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70,398 Posts
The River Edge is slowly withering on the vine. Soon to be another boarded up hotel. With service like that, no wonder its tanking.

Year's ago we all use to chip in and rent these monster house boats from Brockville. These logs had to be 50' long.
Just an Idea, but if you get enough people together its worth it and you can party like rock star's @ LOI

http://www.gilbertmarine.on.ca/rentals.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andretti 502 said:
Thats why go to the Edgewood :D
I love the EdgeWood, A Great Place and Great People but a Crazy Long Walk to town........ I got a dock at Bonnie with a Super Love Bird Jacuzzi Room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70,398 Posts
NitrousNolan said:
I love the EdgeWood, A Great Place and Great People but a Crazy Long Walk to town........ I got a dock at Bonnie with a Super Love Bird Jacuzzi Room.
Sounds like "thongs only" after hour party in Nolan's room................ Oh Yeeeaaaaahhh .....!!!!!!!!!!

call 486-8040 for the a-bay cab service. Cheap and they'll let you pile people in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
NitrousNolan said:
I love the EdgeWood, A Great Place and Great People but a Crazy Long Walk to town........ I got a dock at Bonnie with a Super Love Bird Jacuzzi Room.
Sounds like you and Sissy are in for quite the night!!!!! :laugher:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
NitrousNolan said:
So we made reservations about a month ago for rooms and 6 dock slips at The RiverEdge in abay, we wanted Fri,Sat and Sun, They made us buy Wed,Thur,Fri,Sat and Sun and this weekend I get a message from the RiverEdge telling us they over booked the dock space so we do not have dock reservations, then I call them and they tell me this is correct but I still have the room reservations and they can not be canceled without a one night penalty charge do to it being within 3 weeks. WTF I will never spend a red cent there again as long as I live nor ever recommend that DUMP!


That sucks, what plans do you have now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NitrousNolan said:
I love the EdgeWood, A Great Place and Great People but a Crazy Long Walk to town........ I got a dock at Bonnie with a Super Love Bird Jacuzzi Room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
BIG SMOKE said:
Sounds like "thongs only" after hour party in Nolan's room................ Oh Yeeeaaaaahhh .....!!!!!!!!!!

call 486-8040 for the a-bay cab service. Cheap and they'll let you pile people in.
Hey Big Smoke will the cab pick you up directly from the BIG HOUSE and take you back to your boat.... Just wondering :laugher:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70,398 Posts
ConvincerGtx said:
Hey Big Smoke will the cab pick you up directly from the BIG HOUSE and take you back to your boat.... Just wondering :laugher:
I prefer an ambulance ride instead, much more room................ you can lay down strech out and relax :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,224 Posts
NitrousNolan said:
I love the EdgeWood, A Great Place and Great People but a Crazy Long Walk to town........ I got a dock at Bonnie with a Super Love Bird Jacuzzi Room.
If the walk is too long, I have a 50' Sea Ray docked at Bonnie Castle if needed :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My dock at Bonnie comes to me compliments of a great friend, I will be in Dock 10 COME SEE ME AND THE BEAK, Thank You

APBILLY!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
NitrousNolan said:
we wanted Fri,Sat and Sun, They made us buy Wed,Thur,Fri,Sat and Sun
I booked the Riveredge for 2 boats a few months ago and I had to pay a 2 night minimum but a premium for the weekend. ($3.00 / foot instead of $2.50)

They charged my card 3 weeks out already.

We stay there almost every weekend but it never makes a difference or gives us any priority or anything.

I heard recently that the bank took over the place several years ago and I certainly have seen the decline in service over the years. The buffet on Friday nights used to be phenomenal but I wouldn't eat there today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,084 Posts
BIG SMOKE said:
Nice.........!!!!!!!!!!! Slip 10 is right next to Dillenwreck's, should be a great time.
Dillenwreck's :laugher:

:laugher:

Thats funny :D


I better not laugh too much cause I could be his boat bitch for the day. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
BIG SMOKE said:
Nice.........!!!!!!!!!!! Slip 10 is right next to Dillenwreck's, should be a great time.
Are you at Bonnie this year???? Talk about some memories in years past..... I know a quick way to the top floor without using the elevators or the stairs just ask Timmer!!! :eek3:
 

·
Platinum Member
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
Re: Re: Ny Pirates Weekend Abay B-S

Go Fast Daddy said:
The buffet on Friday nights used to be phenomenal but I wouldn't eat there today.
mmmmm... Seafood and Beef Barron Buffet I used to make it a point to go several times a year, I haven't been to the bay this year, guess I'll save myself the trip to the riveredge...
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top