Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I get a call from Mrs,ob telling me Dennis wiped out on his motorcycle
(and by the way it's yellow):D

Well it seems the last thing he remembers was going into a turn,and waking up with someone giving him a rag for the blood on his face.I was talking to him last night,and all seems well,but I did not get the full story.
So I guess we will have to wait .

Oh,by the way,NO HELMUT WAS BEING WORN Kiddies,DO NOT try this at home. As you can see this is only for THE UN TRAINED.......NON PROFESSIONALS :rolleyes:

Oh well,thought I was going to have to start the save the obnoxus foundation,but I guess that will be another time:laugher:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
keep us posted Paul... how big was the bike ? how fast was he going?? how bad is he hurt?? I hope your ok(like he ever was) Dennis!!;) :laugher: :devious:

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Hope for a speedy recovery. Please wear a helmet from now on. i used to be a paramedic, I am a big bicycling fan and wear a helmet to go to the mailbox now.
Take care.

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
OB, if you're like the rest of us crazies, I bet your first question was. "How's the bike?"

I'm glad you appear to be ok, so sit back, rest up and Get Well soon !!!! :)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Let's just say, they (Ob and his buddy) are very very lucky!

Ob landed 6 inches on the right side of a light pole and his buddy slid 6 inches to the left of the pole. Both of them could have been killed.

Lucky for Dennis his was able to walk away with a pulled left bicep and bruised right shoulder. His buddy is in worse shape! But thank god they are both OK!!

I will let OB tell his story, I don't want to take away all of his glory!

We have the bike home now, with help from our neighbors. The whole right side is bascially torn to pieces. We think they might just total it - but we will wait and see.

I took some pictures, but need to get them developed and then scan them in, I should have these sometime this week.

Thanks for the kind words, it means alot to both of us. Don't know what I would have done if anything happened to him!!

Mrs. Obnoxus

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Glad to here you are OK and that you buddy is OK. Road rash's are no fun. Get well soon!
ducHunter

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
man...Karen and I are glad he's ok...

Tell him he'd better start wearing a helmet or I'm gonna come out there and kick his butt. As the survivor of a 130 mph crash in the dog-leg at Daytona I KNOW the importance of a helmet. He is one damn lucky guy....

we're really happy he's ok....

jeff & karen

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
ok...we want some pics of the bike...

yellow huh?

I'd say it's a Honda or Ducati...
I don't think anyone else makes a yellow bike, unless it's a Norton Commando.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Man... Jeff and I go away for the weekend and look what happens!!!

OB and Mrs OB, we're so glad to hear that no one was seriously hurt. Please let us know how you're doing, and you are in our prayers (especially since you don't wear a helmet)!

Get well and back to Speedwake soon!!!
:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
1boatnut said:
Well I get a call from Mrs,ob telling me Dennis wiped out on his motorcycle
(and by the way it's yellow):D

WHY DO YOU THINK I TOTALED THE SUCKER !!!!!!

We were on the onramp to an express way, and my buddy went down in front of me, and to avoid hitting him, I locked the brakes and went off the road into a ditch. I was unconscious for a while. I do not remember the accident, I remember going into the first curve ( we crashed in the 2nd ) and the next thing I remember is someone handing me a towel to wipe the blood off my face.

I took the cast off today with grief from Mrs. OB:rolleyes: and everything seems ok.

My friend has a fractured #7 vertebrae, some stitches in the forehead, and minor cuts and bruises.

We misses a light pole by 6 inches !!!! He passed the left of it, my bike stopped 6 inches from it on the right side. Definite reality check there.

I will keep you posted on progress,,oh yeah,,,It was a Yamaha Jeff

Here is a " Pre crash " photo,,,post crash to follow !!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Thanks everyone !!! Nice to be loved !!!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
dude...

I forgot about the 1994 Yamaha Seca II - Mine was yellow too!

I owned one of those until 1998. Bought it new in 1994. It met it's demise at Mid-Ohio race course in a turn 8 crash with a Kawasaki...

It was a FUN bike...

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Re: Re: obnoxus,near death experience

obnoxus said:
I took the cast off today with grief from Mrs. OB:rolleyes: and everything seems ok.
Cast... whad'ya break... none of the good stuff, I hope! ;)

Glad to see the accident didn't hurt your ability to post... take care and get back to your old obnoxus self real soon! :D

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Now I need two golf carts for my new employees to mark tires with. Don't worry posters, they only go 20 mph.

Ob and SC-absolutely NO RACIN-even at 20 mph. Public servants you know.

OB-Glad your still with us-I hate to loose a promising student before graduation.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Bought mine new also, not the fastet bike in the world, but I have not put a dime into it since I owned it,,of course it only has a whopping 4,421 miles on it 8 years later !!!! We will see if that will be added to, or if there is a Yamaha R6 in my near future !!!!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Glad to hear you're basicly ok. Hope your friend is doing well.
Would like to know, as well as everyone else, what made you go down.

Back in '77 when I bought my first ride the wife and I were out cruising, it was Labor Day and I was still on a learners permit, when this lady and three kids in a Rambler station wagon cut in front of us slammed on the brakes and stopped to make a right turn down a one way street going the wrong direction. :gunner:
I grabbed the brakes, back end got lite and began to swing to the right while the front went diving for the ground. I wound up sitting on the fuel tank with the handle bars against my stomach and the wife sitting where I was. We stopped with the front axle even with the back of her bumper and 6 inches to the right.
I was so shaken I couldn't speak. A witness ran up to see if we were ok, we were, and then proceeded to chew out the lady for us. She claimed she never saw us.:gunner: :gunner: :gunner:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
I put a jet kits and a Vance & Hines SS2R exhaust on mine.

the Yamaha YZF-R6.

I hope Gilla's not reading this. I owned one of those two for about 2 years. I got the first one from a dealer friend of mine. In two years I rolled up a total of 650 miles.

I took Karen for a ride on it on our second date. There is a great stretch of road about 10 miles from where I used to live and after winding through a bunch of tree lines country roads I took Karen to this stretch of road and started twisting the throttle. Karen looked over my shoulder and saw the speedo at about 135 MPH. After we stopped a few minutes later her response was "cool, that was fun" - Now aint that just the words a guys loves to hear?

By the way I made her wear a en extra pair of my boots, a spare leather riding jackets, gloves and a full face helmet. I wore my full leathers, boots, gloves and full face helmet too (as always).

I sold it on ebay last winter. I had an instant sale price on it and it sold in about two days in the middle of winter to a guy in Boston. I met him in CT and we rolled from the back of my pickup to the back of his.

it was a sweet bike but horrible for taking the SO for a ride since the seat angles forward so much - all you do is get your gonads scrunched every time you hit the brakes. That's why I sold it and bought the Kawasaki ZR-7S. Got that one on ebay too from a dealer that was getting rid of inventory. Bought it for dealer cost.

- jeff

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Gilla is a realist-remembering back to my first ZUNDAPP in college. That sucker would kick back something awful. In the early 70's I owned a dealership that sold Nortons-yes-I had a yellow one that I took to the drags on a regular basis. I also had a HD Evil Kinevel Special-with a special body. Wonder how many of those were made and if any are left?
I still think that fast boats are for guys that get tired of healing after bike and car racing wrecks but still feel the need for speed-just a little more cautious.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
ZUNDAPP! - that's what got me interested in motorcycles. My uncle had a 250 twin and used to ride it to our house. That is what caused me to get interested in bikes in the first place.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts