Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if I missed something, but what happened to the total # of posts?

Did you stop including the gallery posts in the totals?

If that was it, it sure leveled the playing field didnt it !!!!!!!!!

shows where some members ( ehem,,, Bnut, STU ) spent most of there time !!! LOL:D :D :D :gunner: post #'s

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
there are some wierd problems with the software where the number of post get inflated from time to time. I ran a little job yesterday that recounted every post for every person and updated the totals. The revised numbers are accurate.

- jeff

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That must be really inflated,I lost over 1/2 my posts.
You said you did that once before,and I didn't loose 1/2.
I feel like FA18 Driver after another divorce,there goes 1/2 of your stuff you worked so hard for.

obnoxus,I am sure this makes you extremely happy,since (which I don't believe)you can be closing in on the post ***** position,and you were the only one who noticed it.

Now take away the double,triple,quadruple ,times it takes some people to answer a question
(instead of editing a post) eh um you know who you are,and where would they be???

Jeff,who did the count,the politicians in Florida?

Damn computers,can't trust them

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Hey stuchamp,I did some calculating. You have 455 pictures alone in the gallery.

I have 363 pictures.Assuming you post a reply to just all my pictures alone
(which usually you do:D )that alone totals 818 posts.

Now your new post count is 876, SOOOOOO,that means

876-818=58 Total number of posts you have outside the gallery............

WOW you slacker:laugher:

Take away all the Welcome to threads,and to me it looks like you havn't said anything
(only kidding):D :D :laugher:

Computers suck,and so does this job querry thing....The numbers just don't add up !!!!!!!
And I'm no Jethro Bodine
sorry stuchamp

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
the original count was made by a special piece of software called "The Mayor Daly Double Vote Counting Module", the revised count was compiled by a piece of software called the "Jeb Bush Throw Out the Votes You Don't Like Counting Module".

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Holy mathmatics Batman, that's some change! Jeff, why did this not result in a dramatically lower total posts count on the main page? Do our member post totals add up to 13000+ or does that need to be corrected?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Glad to hear it. Accuracy is important when bragging rights are on the line.:D :D

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Hand count? I have two. :D
Hand recount? Shades of the last presidential election in Fla. :eek: Do we really want the courts to get involved in this?:D

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Wow I lost about 300 posts I was closing in on 1000 now I am at 700+ posts!:eek: :eek:

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
JEFFJ said:
hey boatnut - you're still number #1 ....

:)

Jeff,I'm not so concerned about being # 1,but your numbers just DO NOT ADD UP!!!!!!!!!!

You ran this program once before not to long ago,and my post count didn't drop 50%

Also as laster pointed out,if the numbers dropped that dramatically,why didn't the total # of posts drop for the entire site???

Unless you removed posting pictures from the count,hammereab has 143 photos in his gallery and only has 108 TOTAL posts.

HOW CAN THAT BE????????

Where did you get this software?
From the Florida polls?

Jeff,your program is NOT accurate

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
bnut, it sure looks like the new counting program does not count anything in the gallery area. Doesn't matter much to me, I only lost a couple of posts, but SOME of our members :rolleyes: might feel that they are being shortchanged :D

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Well, by doing a quickie hand count, I have well over 1500+ posts !
Jeff's new software is showing 892 !

Must be a political thing ! :confused: :shocked: :confused1 :unhappy1:

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Well maybe we should flood the DFP site with a few hundred photos!:laugher: :laugher:

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
laster said:
bnut, it sure looks like the new counting program does not count anything in the gallery area. Doesn't matter much to me, I only lost a couple of posts, but SOME of our members :rolleyes: might feel that they are being shortchanged :D

laster,I won't make a huge deal out of it,but after living with a book keeper for over 25 years,the one thing I can do is ADD.......

And your right,to most it doesn't matter,and it really is no big thing,but that's what happens when we start letting machines do are thinking for us,and just accept that if the computer says so it must be right........
Well like I stated,unless the gallery is no longer counted,then it is certainly WRONG.....

(see stuchamps above post) I did some quickie looking around,and came up with a whole different set of numbers

1 - 20 of 30 Posts