Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what will I do. I had a flurry of calls yesterday off my ad on boattrader of guys wanting to come see the boat. I've got 4 sea trails scheduled this weekend. There are not a lot of used 288's around for sale on the east coast and I humbly assert that none one of them are in as fine shape as mine. The factory is also backlogged with new 288 orders.....

I'd better start cracking the whip on Dave at Sunsation to get that 32 Innovator done or Karen and I may have to spend weekends catting around in my 222 Stinger for the balance of the summer...and I hate slumming it...

:)

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Jeff,

Crack away dude, God forbid we would be the cause you and Karen are forced to the slums! :D , unemployment lines, food stamps, welfare, oh no!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
I think you guys need to spit out a new prototype 38 for a " real world " test !!!!! Then give it to all the senior members for a weekend each. We will in return give you our evaluations !!!!

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
obnoxus said:
I think you guys need to spit out a new prototype 38 for a " real world " test !!!!! Then give it to all the senior members for a weekend each. We will in return give you our evaluations !!!!

Sounds good to me!:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me:D

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
And since its my idea,,,and I am one of the hardest people on a boat,,,, I will take it for the first ( 90 degree ) weekend !!!!

Oh, and for the record, It should be equiped with mercs new 1050SC's and ITS"s If your gonna show your stuff,,, go all out !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
obnoxus said:
And since its my idea,,,and I am one of the hardest people on a boat,,,, I will take it for the first ( 90 degree ) weekend !!!!

Oh, and for the record, It should be equiped with mercs new 1050SC's and ITS"s If your gonna show your stuff,,, go all out !!!!!!
Oh Yeah, and a full fuel tank would also be nice!!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
If I got all that Duc,,,I wouldnt mind dropping for the fuel !!!!!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
results from the weekend...
1 no show loser...
1 can't afford
1 pretty interested
1 really interested but torn between my boat and a cat

man - it was hot this weekend. Karen and I spent 5 hours working on a ball busting project saturday morning that came up suddenly this week - then blasted off to the marina only to wait for the no show, then spent sat night at a nearby marina, then back today for two test rides....

man...we're wiped and glad the weekend is over....

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Jeff, I got lucky, put my boat up for sale on Thursday, guy looked at it Saturday, picked it up Tuesday, hope when I put the 25 up either next year or the year after I have the same luck. That's when its time to move up to the 288! Do boats shrink when you add water?

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
boy do I ever no that feeling, my last boat was 17ft then went to a big 21ft and it feels small! Saving for a bigger one know.:)

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
So what is next? I see you have been asking about several different boats. You are lucky to sell it theat quick!:) You must have kept in great shape. Some of the boats in the Trader have been there awhile!
Good job, some thimes it pays off to be anal about things!! My wife told me last week if I cleaned the house as good as I do my toys, she would not have to re-clean after me!:D :D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what's next?

well.... it's just natural to look around (when time permits) but I am making a trip to Sunsation the week after next to take the new Innovator out for a ride. The one they have is getting HP500 EFI's installed and that will be what I order (if I'm duly impressed).

Competition in this price and length range is formidable. There are a LOT of really great deals out there right now. I know of a NEW leftover 35 Fountain with HP500 EFI's in Florida (0 hours) for 156K. Lots of left over Donzi's 33 optioned to the hilt with HP500EFI's and extension boxes for 140 to 150k (with full 5 year warranties on everything), lots of great 31 and 35 Sonics and of course Pantera now has their 35 footer. There are also a number of very nice 37 Active Thunders and 388 Hustlers. Man a guy could go crazy just looking every weekend. So; yes the competition is very formidable.

However, there's a degree of comfort in dealing with a company and people that stand behind their products. I can honestly say that Sunsation (Dave, Barry, Joe, et al) and the folks at Extreme Offshore have exceeded my expecations when it came to owning a boat.

I've got some spy photo's of the new Innovator but have to get dave's permission to post them, but let me tell you that I'm really impressed with what I've seen and the hull is just totally trick as it the rest of the boat.

Q: what do Jimi Hendrix and Jeff Jennings have in common?
a: "90 MPH is the speed I drive"...

that's what I anticipate from the 32 Innovator with HP500 EFI's....

The pics I have show two distinct steps in the 32 Innovator Hull and some cool notches up toward the bow to break the suction of the water and reduce wetted surface yielding a better ride and higher top speed.

- jeff

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Well like I have said the next boat for me will be a Sunsation,with all the great things I have heard about them, With one exception and that would be a, cafe racer, but it would have to be a real good deal!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess Karen and I just really like the smooth lines of the Sunsation and of course the most excellent paint job by MitcherT.

now that we buddies I may be able to twist his arm and get him to add a few custom touches to the 32 Innovator when it arrives in his shop.....

how'bout it Mitcher???

:)

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Looks like we have a Speedwake Forum God without a fast boat.sounds like he is about to fix that.

Good for you leader.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well...you know what they say "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail".

and I always have a plan.... :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts