Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok help a brother out here,please. I have been chasing an oil leak and i'm tired of cleaning the bilge. Will a mechanical fuel pump leak oil? i have oil spots that are hitting the bulk head a foot in front of the fuel pump not side to side like a belt sling but straight ahead of the sea pump and the fuel pump( they are separate) here is the problem i have not had to add any oil in 6 outings. Just looks like crap. also i have the KE valve covers with dual K&N filters that after a long run are also dripping oil. How does a puke tank work and is that what it is for? OIL pressure is around 70 to 80psi. any comments welcome.SS32 :confused:

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
When the diaphram in a mechanical pump goes bad it will pull oil from the crankcase and pump it out the "blow hole". That's a tattle tale item to let you know it's time to replace the pump.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you,And congrats on the new addition to the family.i'm trying to figure out what pump is on it.it has so much paint looks like i'm gonna have to tear it off and strip some paint to order a newone. I also took the breathers off and cleaned them with brake cleaner to start all over and see how bad they really are. Curt

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
You would think your "mechanic" would fix it!! :confused:

I'll send the little guy in my current avitar right over. His Gator is all charged up and ready to go!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL thats to funny NOISE, Dwayne and I were just talking on the phone earlier and we both commented on how clean of a set up that you have. Guess i'll have to take some more notes when i see you out next time. Curt

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
SINGLE SCREW 32 said:
Damn, i guess i better put the pvc pipe back under the sink(the wife might miss it) :winker: I got ya. Thanks
Don't worry about the sink, I'll get it. The sister in law pays me more for runnin pipe than you do working on the boat!! :laugher: :laugher: :D

Ok back to my Tundra nightmare!!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your not right. She would probably pay you better if you would quit coming up short and having to always run back to home depot to get extra pipe :winker:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I ordered a fuel pump today so hope thats the culpret. Just went with the holley 110gph marine. anyone else using that one?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I just fixed a very similar problem on the scarab. After running hard there would be oil in front of the oil pump. Pumps were new KE 130gpm pumps and I could not see any leaking there. It turned out to be the valve cover on that side the lower bolts were loose. The oil would drip down all over the header water rails and move forward toward the firewall. Then that small amount of oil laid on top of the slight water in the bilge cavity, then would slosh back and forth making a real mess.

Thats my guess. When you get it fixed run the boat with a little water and some tide or dawn in the bilge. It'll clean that oil right out. Great meeting you btw at lloyds and the boat sounds wicked. We'll have to run ya one of these days out in the slop :rambo: I am no Leslie, but can hold my own usually :winker:

BT

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks and nice meeting you as well.As far as playing in the slop i'm 75 mph all out so i'm sure you have me covered :winker: But i can always try right. :D Your set up sounds pretty sweet aswell. Curt

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
75 will give me a run for sure. The rougher the better ;) Thats what it all bout. I hate spending $500 an outing and getting a millpond. That chit is for the sissies like raddiction :laugher:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts