Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
maybe this time around we'll make some of the changes we should have made back in the 70's when we got the first wake up call . no way in hell should we be producing electricity with oil fired generators for openers . imo i think it needs to go higer so we don't forget about it this time. we can't keep fattening up everyone else esp the arabs and asians. keep our dollars HERE . :mad:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
tcob said:
maybe this time around we'll make some of the changes we should have made back in the 70's when we got the first wake up call . no way in hell should we be producing electricity with oil fired generators for openers . imo i think it needs to go higer so we don't forget about it this time. we can't keep fattening up everyone else esp the arabs and asians. keep our dollars HERE . :mad:
I writting in your name for President ;)

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I wish whatever was giong to happen would so I could get back to using my boat like normal...

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
tcob said:
YUP!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
tcob said:
One of the best suggestion I've heard recently is to add a environmental tax on everything coming in from China. They have no environmental laws to speak of, which sways the balance for production.

Keep raising the taxes until it starts to make sense to start building product back in North America.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Shut down Wal-Mart and that would eliminate 50% of chinese imports right there. never happen though,average joe American consumer wants it now,wants it cheap and will buy a new one every year with his credit card so he doesnt care if its built well or where the money goes. Yeah,I know its retarded but thats what you get from coddling the lazy and stupid for so many years..

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
No one wants quality any more. I see that every day in my business. People buy flat screen TV's by Visio, Olevia, Westinghouse, etc. They are just cheap, products. Yet this is something they are going to use and look at everyday!!!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
BillR said:
No one wants quality any more. I see that every day in my business. People buy flat screen TV's by Visio, Olevia, Westinghouse, etc. They are just cheap, products. Yet this is something they are going to use and look at everyday!!!
Noticed the same thing shopping for chain saws recently..... the ones on the box store shelves are throw aways.... I have a 30 yr old Homelite that is built to last & has... can't find anything close to it these days.... :(

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
GRH said:
Noticed the same thing shopping for chain saws recently..... the ones on the box store shelves are throw aways.... I have a 30 yr old Homelite that is built to last & has... can't find anything close to it these days.... :(
stihl baby . good as they get . but i don't think they are sold at big box stores

Attachments

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
tcob said:
all seasons equipment.
Yup... that's who maintains the homelite.... needed to have the crank case split to replace the gasket.... $100... I asked is it worth putting that kind of money in a 30 yr old Homelite 360? I said I can buy a new one for a little more then that.... he laughed & said "not like that one you can't....I'll give you $100 for it the way it is".... I said no thanks fix it.... told me I'd spend $500 - $600 to replace it with anything near as good today... and the stuff they sell for $200 at Home Depot... when it breaks you throw it away... not worth fixing according to them.... I believe em.....

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
I still don't undersand why the general public doesn't understand WHY our fuel prices are going up!

The governments blame the middle east, the middle east blames the western governments.

There Both benifiting and us the general public are feed nothing but BS

In this day and age I think its a crime it isn't crystal clear why these prices are what ther are, and how thay can jump so much over night.... :mad:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Canada Jeff said:
I still don't undersand why the general public doesn't understand WHY our fuel prices are going up!

The governments blame the middle east, the middle east blames the western governments.

There Both benifiting and us the general public are feed nothing but BS

In this day and age I think its a crime it isn't crystal clear why these prices are what ther are, and how thay can jump so much over night.... :mad:

I actually think I do understand why the prices are the way they are.....

BECAUSE THEY CAN.........
:dead1: :dead1: :dead: :pirate: :eek:gre:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts