Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor is in everything is great so far, I am trying to align the engine,,, the question is if I crank down on the rear mount as far as I can its out of alngment,,,, if I loosen it up its ok, I saw a spring in the rear mount so my question is does the rear have to be cranked down, and if so can I shim the rear of the motor up?

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got one,,,, do me a favor Paul,,, can you call Jeff and see what he would charge just to align a motor,,, just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Yea I just noticed you posted on OSO and have the tool. I will call Jeff. Did you see the guys suggestions? Candyman & Mr. Cig ?
My back is still F-u But I will try to give you a hand today if needed.Maybe Skip,s manifolds will be done and we can take a ride to Borowski's

also, is the drive off?????

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Who cares if it lines up, does it look good?????:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
The rear bolts must be torqued to spec. I don't have my manual here but if you need it I will be glad to look it up. After the back is torqued you align the front by turning the nuts under the motor mounts. Turn the nuts down lower the front and the coupler will pivot up and turn the nuts up if you need to lower the coupler. You can feel which way it needs to go when you slide in the tool. If you feel it hit on the top then the coupler needs to go down. It's not very hard once you get the hang of it.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FA18,,,,,,,,, It looks massive !!!!! Boatnut and I were talking about that last night when we hung the exhaust !!!

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
I mean Shoot guys anyone can put one in but it takes talent ot make it look good:laugher: :laugher: You know braided lines chrome etc.......

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have you priced braided line lately,, I ordered a bunch to do my whole motor and almost fell over .

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Who did you order it from? I got all of mine thru aeroquip, they were one of our sponsors when we had the race car so I got it pretty cheap. Ok still not cheap but not what they want retail for it. If you don't mind what was is it gonna cost???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts