·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like some opinions.....

What are your opinions of the following two boats:

1999 38' Hustler
1997 - 2000 38' Cigarette Top Gun.

There are a few available locally at attractive prices, in great shape, low hours and reasonable HP (550 - 600/engine).

- jeff

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Oh Jeff you know opinions are like A**holes... every body has one and they all stink!!!!

But all kidding aside I really like the Top Gun's one of my buddies has one and it is a nice ride for sure.... I see a few of the Hustlers around but not too many, they look nice for sure.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Jeff, I have a buddy that has a Slingshot.500 Bulldogs and extension boxes, did about 85mph last year. Right now he is having some big blowers put on, looking to get some big speed. Very nice boat, don't think you would be disappointed. Wish I could have such a decision to make.:D

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Yep,,, it's all personal opinoin,, but I will throw my 2 cents in as usual !!!! I would go for the Hustler,, I like the looks better, they tend to be a little more plushy instead of race bread ( the way we really use our boats centers around comfort to not just speed ), and they tend to be a little cheaper to.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
obnoxus said:
...they tend to be a little more plushy instead of race bread ( the way we really use our boats centers around comfort to not just speed )...
Plush and comfort - these factors really speak to me... and color, too! :)

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Wow would you and Mrs. OB get along good !!!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks ted, the one I am looking at is in Jersey. The guys uses it on the delaware river. as a matter of fact Karen and I actually saw it over the weekend along the c&d canal and we were both impressed wih it's looks. I like the Cigs because they hold their value pretty well, better than most boats.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I bet both boats would be great!! Whats a matter Jeff, cant wait for the Sunsation 38? :)

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can certainly wait for the Sunsation38, but I'm afriad that me wallet will make my wait longer than I have patience and by the time I can afford a new 38 be making a 42 footer.

We all live with our own financial realities and that's mine.

I am also looking seriously at one or two 32 foot Sunsations. I have my eye on two with HP500's. Both would need repainting but Mitcher T already gave me an idea of what it would cost.

My heart is with Sunsation simply because they're such great boats and factory support is fantastic.

:)

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
I think you answered your own questions Jeff !!!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
simple,,,, your happy with sunsation as a boat, and with the compnay so,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts