Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another good weekend of festivals and boating in CNY. Harborfest 2008 in Oswego. http://www.oswegoharborfest.com/ Who's headed up? I am planning on a day trip launching teh vessel at Mexico Point Saturday, run to Sandy Pond for a few hours of sunshine, then to the outside of Oswego Harbor for the fireworks, and run back to mexico Point to go home. Anybody else up for it?

Tack

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'll probably be up in that area at some point. I'll try and hook up with you at the Pond. But I'll be on two wheels all weekend. Gotta get my first 1k miles over quickly so I can put some louds pipes on it.

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
Tack said:
Another good weekend of festivals and boating in CNY. Harborfest 2008 in Oswego. http://www.oswegoharborfest.com/ Who's headed up? I am planning on a day trip launching teh vessel at Mexico Point Saturday, run to Sandy Pond for a few hours of sunshine, then to the outside of Oswego Harbor for the fireworks, and run back to mexico Point to go home. Anybody else up for it?

Tack
Hmmm...........I could do that. Leave the Pantera at Nolan's again????? and come back up for the Swamp Run. Ammaddon.........you heading up this weekend??

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Just a head's up, Bridge Street has been closed all summer and the other bridge (Utica Street) will be closed for 3 hours during the fireworks. Driving a car may be difficult. Plan accordingly

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Harborfest is NOT FOR ME, so many young scum bags there, I can take the whole thing, the fireworks I belive are the best I have ever seen!!!! NO DOUBT, I will never again as long as I live take any boat I own and care about to that event, It really sucks that so many "boaters" events are being taken over and given a bad name by the JERKS that don't even boat!!!! WTF Welcome to "The Land of The Free"

·
Registered
212 Posts
I went to college there and harborfest is a great time, but there's a ton of A**holes you gotta watch out for.

p.s. don't recommend taking the boat.....what a cluster ****

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
Tack said:
Like stated above, will be a cluster duck with the bridge reconstruction if you plan on going by automobile. As for boating, I no longer go to Harborfest with the boat, 5 days of tied to a concrete wall while drunks cause problems. I skipped it all together last year. This year I am trying something different. That's why I am heading from Mexico Point to Sandy Pond for the day. Then an evening cruise to the outside of Oswego to spectate the Fireworks (only good part of the fest), and head back to Mexico Point that night. Avoid Oswego and the river all together. Let me know who is up for a change.

Rick, There's always a place to keep your boat if you make the trip this weekend.

Tack
Awesome. I'll give you a shout later this week if I decide to come up.

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
I should be ther on a 50' Searay. Never tak my own boat again. Bringing the boat down from A-Bay Thursday night. I'll be just a spectator so it should be a good time.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Andretti 502 said:
I should be ther on a 50' Searay. Never tak my own boat again. Bringing the boat down from A-Bay Thursday night. I'll be just a spectator so it should be a good time.
I couldn't agree more, I am taking a trek from Oneida to Oswego on the House boat sometime this week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HarborFest is a great annual event. This will be my 20th year and I've had no bad experience. I've taken the boat each year except for maybe 2 years when we had conflicts and went by land. Part of the experience is the people / boat watching. I get a kick out of all the boats that tie up and raft off in the river and how creative they get. I've tied up to the wall along the river - been in between locks 1 & 2 several times - moored one year - but mostly I get a dock at Wrights Landing. There is an abundance of free entertainment - UTG has been there for several years along with big named acts and other local bands. I say go and enjoy yourself - drink responsibly and see all that they have to offer

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
Dave, I can't go. I have to be in NY for business on Monday morning.

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
The Oswego River has been roped/blocked off around Bridge Street. There is NO boat parking near or above the Bridge, there will be less wall space for parking this year. If you plan on going, spots may be limited depending on the turn out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Tack said:
Like stated above, will be a cluster duck with the bridge reconstruction if you plan on going by automobile. As for boating, I no longer go to Harborfest with the boat, 5 days of tied to a concrete wall while drunks cause problems. I skipped it all together last year. This year I am trying something different. That's why I am heading from Mexico Point to Sandy Pond for the day. Then an evening cruise to the outside of Oswego to spectate the Fireworks (only good part of the fest), and head back to Mexico Point that night. Avoid Oswego and the river all together. Let me know who is up for a change.

Rick, There's always a place to keep your boat if you make the trip this weekend.

Tack
Damn that sounds like a plan, wish I could make it. Could be a little snotty if the wind picks up though.

Always put on a good fireworks show there. Saw some of them crazy CNY's up in sacketts lastweekend. You guys should have stuck around for the fireworks, they put on a good show that night.

Got the IAC in the boat sunday, hopefully that'll fix the stalling issue and see you at the swamp run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts