Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some recommendations on portable MP3 players - I'm gonna pipe one into my boat's stereo. I want a small unit - one the operates on flash media (no moving parts). Searched a lot of sites on the 'Net, but that just left me more confused. Want something that has the capacity (via memory slot) to hold a decent amount of music (something like 64-128MB built-in memory, and ability to plug-in a CompactFlash or SmartMedia card as well). Prefer CompactFlash, since I have some cards I use with my digi camera.

thanks,

Mark

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Hey Mark,

I am looking to do the same thing myself, so I will be following this thread to see what ya find out. If you find out something or work out a solution please drop me a note or post it here!!! Good luck

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Kook, take a look HERE reviews, user ratings and best prices. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
laster said:
Kook, take a look HERE reviews, user ratings and best prices. Hope it helps.
Funny you should mention cnet.com - was just looking there this morning for the first time (for researching this item)...... I'm kinda thinking about the Bantam BA350 -> Bantam BA350

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
insptech said:
Looks pretty cool but 128 is a little small.
You can get up to 256k with that thing (128+128), but...................after reading some of the readers reviews, especially software compatibility with Win200 Pro (which is what this system is running), I'm gonna probably pass on this one unless they rev change their software.

Just looked at a previous issue of PC Mag, and they only give it a rating of 2 out of 5. This is what I mean about not finding a player that seems to consistently get good reviews. :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts