Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy that works for me just bought a boat with a rotten, rusted trailer. He was damn lucky to get it home on it. He has been looking for a used trailer for about a month. They are rare here in our salt water environment. He told me he found a used galvanized for $700, that needed fenders and springs. I told him I would sell him the one under my 20 foot Formula for the same price. He gave me the money this morning, so I left there and drove a mile and bought a new aluminum. I had been wanting one anyway, and this way it was just over a grand out of pocket. The bad thing is, since I bought the 242 LS, I haven't taken this one out. I love dumping money where there is no chance of recouping it!:) Isn't that what boating is all about????:confused: :p:

Here is the old

Attachments

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The new one is a bit bigger than what I need for this boat, but just like power, you can never have too much trailer!:) It has a 2500# two speed winch, posilube axles, 14 inch tires, and all stainless frame fasteners. It is actually for a 21 to 23 foot boat. You can see from the pictures that I have the winch stand as far back as possible, and still have about 10 inches of bunk behing the transom. This one would probably be capable of carrying my 242 LS if need be. The only thing I don't like is that it has a 2 5/16 ball, all of my other trailers have a two inch. I had to go home and get the reciever for my travel trailer to get it home.:( While I was messing with the ball, I noticed it was a 3500# ball that I towed my aft cabin to Ft Lauderdale and my 242, both that probably weigh in around 6000#.:lick: :dead: .

Attachments

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn near sunk my boat while transfering from one trailer to the other. Yup, forgot the drain plug. I'm glad it only took me a few minutes to change over. The bilge was completely full and running on the deck.:devious: :mad: I sure am glad we were at a lake with fresh water.:D Now I just need to get the interior back in it, and give it some run time. It sure is hard to give equal time to three boats, when there are only two days per weekend!:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
We did manage to get some time in with "Old Faithful", my Biddison 1800 open fish that I bought new in 1988. It was feeling neglected, and when that happens, the boat takes it out on you by breaking down far from the dock.:dead:

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
cuda,
I just bought a new trailer for my boat this year to, I to boat in salt water, my new trailer has a flush system for the brakes when in salt water, works great! good luck with the new trailer!!:) :)

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh chit!!! I didn't realise she was topless. Sorry, gonna have to remove it, or get castrated!!!:dead:

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I may hook up a flush system myself. I didn't get brakes because they usually last about a year here. Don't need them anyway on this boat.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
HHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyy !!!!! NO FAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I truly didn't see it. You guys must use magnifying glasses!:) Even after I saw it posted in stu's reply, I had to really look to tell she was topless. My buddy just emailed me the pic last night, and I hadn't studied it.

You all can thank stu for the sanitized version!:eek:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
cuda said:

You all can thank stu for the sanitized version!:eek:

I'm going to be in everyone's chithouse now !:( Should have to waited to see if anyone else noticed.
At least that is one thing that hasn't failed on me yet ! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
better yet,,,, do some of that fancy editing stuff,,, enlarge it and email it to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts