Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am needing advice from some of you pachanga guys i am looking at a 1988 22' pachanga with a stock 454 and a alpha drive.the interior has been recently redone to stock.the hull has a nice shine with no noticable nicks.it has a nice galvinized trailer the boat was described to me as a 8 on a 10 scale.with the flaws being only minor cosmetic issues.the boat is the factory green and white .i havent seen many green and white ones.i didnt like the color combo at first but its grown on me and i kinda like it better than the other combos.what in your opinion is the boat worth.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the drive was just replaced last year the owner said he hung a cable while at a local dock which caused a viberation in the drive so he had a new one installed,

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
A lot has been said about the big block, Alpha combination, and a lot of it is not real good. The Alpha never was designed to handle the amount of torque produced by the big block motors, and there were a lot of problems with them failing in this combination. The fact that the drive was recently replaced makes me wonder if he hit something of if it simply failed from the abuse of the big block.

That being said, the fact that it is behind a relatively small, light boat might help with longevity. If you go easy out of the hole and avoid getting the boat out of the water jumping wakes, you might be OK. i would definitely recommend adding a drive shower to give it all the help possible.

Aside from that, it looks to be in nice shape. Sorry, but I don't have any experience with the Pachangas. I'm sure someone else who has owned one will chime in soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Budman said:
A lot has been said about the big block, Alpha combination, and a lot of it is not real good. The Alpha never was designed to handle the amount of torque produced by the big block motors, and there were a lot of problems with them failing in this combination. The fact that the drive was recently replaced makes me wonder if he hit something of if it simply failed from the abuse of the big block.

That being said, the fact that it is behind a relatively small, light boat might help with longevity. If you go easy out of the hole and avoid getting the boat out of the water jumping wakes, you might be OK. i would definitely recommend adding a drive shower to give it all the help possible.

Aside from that, it looks to be in nice shape. Sorry, but I don't have any experience with the Pachangas. I'm sure someone else who has owned one will chime in soon.
I wondered about the failure myself but the guy seems like a straightup kinda guy.he used it on a local lake and so would I. So keeping it in the water wouldnt be a problem.my local lake is only 10,000 acres so big wakes are not a issue.also I am not the kind to hold one at top speed for very long at a time.I like to cruise at about 45mph.I just love the classic looks of the pachanga but im not sure on the value.im looking at $10ish for this one.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Nice boat, my buddy has a green one too, but has a 502 & B1..
I don't know the book value on this one, but I would'nt go over 8K on it, unless everything was absolutely perfect..
There's just too many deals out there for newer stuff right now, to settle for less.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys i had it in my head that it would be worth more for some reason.after doing some research you see them priced all over the board from 8-20k or so.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
if its close to your area, clean in all aspects, and low hours, I'd personnaly pay up to $10k but that's just me. clean 20 year old Pachanga's don't grow on trees. and pictures on the internet tell you nothing. after 3 months of searching and coming up with some real zero's that intially looked promising, I was willing to pay a touch more if it meant I didn't have to waste any more time and money. also I've never known Pachanga's in excellent condition to sell for anything less then $10k, that being said other people have made some good points as far as market conditions. I honestly wouldn't sell mine for anything under $11k, but I really don't have any desire to sell it so... :bigsmile:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I saw that boat on ebay. I really wanted a Pachanga, but always get gun shy when going to purchase a 20+ year old boat.

Thats why I will be buying the new Pachanga which is supposedly styled like the 80s boats, if it actually is released.

If you would like more info on the possible new boat or other Pachanga things, please visit the forums at www.searaypachanga.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the input guys.i have been looking for a while now for a nice pachanga 22.i just cant seem to find any under 10k that are decent boats.let me know if you know of any for sale at a decent price thanks again

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
I had been looking for a super clean Pachanga for over a year. I fell in love with the boat when it came out new but I couldn't't pull off the payments, so I bought a 201 Liberator...(much cheaper boat) I liked the Liberator but I always wanted a Pachanga.... I could never forget my first love so I started looking.. and it took me over a year of constantly searching every web site and trader magazine to find this one. I paid $12,500.00 to a Speed wake member... I may have paid a little too much but It was the boat I have always wanted.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts