Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
INTEGRATED TRANSOM SYSTEM FOR BRAVO XR DRIVES

Mercury Racing sterndrive engines and overall boat performance are enhanced by a new integrated transom system (ITS) for Bravo One XR drives.
The introduction of ITS adds further durability and reliability to the drive, offers more drive height flexibility and simplifies installation.
The ITS features built-in seven inch setback to improve boat-running attitude, a lengthened heavy-duty drive input shaft, integral hydraulic twin-ram power steering, built-in electronic trim and tilt, trim and steering rams which are multi-mounted to the gimbal ring and transfer the load back to the transom, a new drive cover to optimise drive cooling and a rear drive cap with tie bar attachment. A lightweight plastic cover conceals the hydraulic steering and trim hoses.
New 1.26:1 and 1.35:1 gear ratio options are added to the standard 1.50:1 ratio. The gear sets feature net forged, straight bevel gears for extra strength and durability.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Got to buy at least a 500 EFI for them to offer that system though,,, just an FYI

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Check that again-I think Sunsation has used it with a 496. How about it Dave?

Very neat install-seems to be a good value all around.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Gilla,

Just what I read in Powerboat, or Hotboat,,, dont remember which,,, also Candyman tried getting them in a 35 Fountain with 496 HO's and they wouldnt do it for him either,,,said minimum 500 EFI's

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was kicking around the idea but Dave says NO - it's a waste on the Innovator. He told me to save my money for Sy's Insurance Bill....

:)

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea, they've instaled them on a few boats and he says they're nice, but evidently the config of the transom makes it un-necessary.

- jeff

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
un-necessary,......so ........no faster? The reason I ask is because I am considering a set back on my 288. Not the ITS but something like the Imco. This sounds like a question for the Sunsation thread area. talk with you there :p:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts