Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Jeff-That is correct. I bought it from Will Lynch. His race team is Lynch Mob Racing and his family owns the Commander Hotel in Ocean City. I got in in Dec of 2001.

G

·
I saw Danger Kitty running in the NYC Poker Run. Just my .02, but it seemed to ride real flat in the rough, compared to a world class line-up. Never saw a Pantera running before, but I have a new found respect for them. As an old Apache wannabe, this boat kicks *** in the rough!!

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
hey guys,

i got a 2003 28' pantera with twin 500efis and prochargers, i just picked it up. So far i've seen 110 mph on gps.

any comments? :gunner: ......

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Yep...
Albert has a 28 in race setup that he dropped a 900 hp big guy in and saw 103 without dialing it in...
Mine runs pretty good with twin 502mpis... but not thaaat good.. :cool:
I got a swift talking to by the US Customs this weekend... I was running through Government Cut at 75 just starting to pick up the drives a bit and the man shut me down... Too close to the cruise boats.. They were also less than impressed with my speed in the channel. :eek:

It's a toos between a single or a twin. You should drive both if you don't have a personal preference. Give me a cll when you're in Miami and I'll take you out. If you're really nice... I may even let you drive it. :winker:

Pantera is the undisputed champ for a less than 30' rough water boat.

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
....and i like this one so much i plan to get a another 28 only this one will be with a single engine. probably with something around 900 hp like tim g was talking about. But i still am gonna keep the other 28.
:smile1:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
BJ has his '99 with a 750+hp Blower motor for sale. It was the "Travel Now" boat that won the F1 class...
I think it runs in the 90s....
5 man standup bolster, no cabin, trailer, 58k

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
X1speed...Did you build the boat brand new? I always wanted to know how the 28' handled at 100+??

I can see that you love it but what type of water were you running on?

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
i got the boat brand new with twin 500efis and i installed the prochargers myself. I have plans to put in bigger motors but what i have is good for now. When i was doing over 100 it was in 2-3 foot seas.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Duunoit,
I love your boat! The wife and I have agreed our next boat will be an older 24 Pantera. I would prefer the SE over the Sport. Do you have any interior pictures including the cuddy I'd love to see them? Hell I'd love to see more pictures period.

Brian

21 - 40 of 45 Posts