Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm a member of a group of business and engineering students at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH. We're currently working on a needs analysis for boating technology that may help boaters like you. I assure you that I'm neither an inventor nor a salesman and the results of our analysis will be published in the fall so that any of you can use them to design a new boating product for the boaters on this forum to enjoy and make a few bucks for yourself too!

The survey is only 13 multiple choice questions long and should take you less than 5 minutes to complete.

<div>Please could you take a few minutes of your time to complete the <a href="http://www.free-online-surveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=IIJO_54e6856a" >Survey</a> <div style="font-size: xx-small; display: inline;"><a href="http://www.KwikSurveys.com">(Powered by: Kwik Surveys)</a></div></div>

The word "survey" in the above paragraph is hyperlinked to the questions.

Thanks in Advance,

Chris in Cleveland

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
I took your survey but we are performance boaters here and the closest desrciption you have to us is 'runabout' and that's not a good description.

did you have any serious boaters review your questions before publishing them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I had a few boaters review the questions, but I'm not sure that any of them would be considered "serious" by the standards of those who gather on this site. Unfortunatly the distribution method (post it on as many boating forums I could find in hopes of quick results) didn't allow for me to include a ton of options for all of the question. So I went generic on a few out of necessity and I'm sorry if I missed out on a better grouping to include performance watercraft.

With that said, the results are rolling in and I can't say thank you enough to those of you that have helped us along! And if you haven't had a chance yet, it's not too late - the survey site will be open through Friday.

Thanks Again,

Chris in Cleveland

·
Registered
107 Posts
I kinda think this was a business and not a school project.. got into the bow thrusters and how much you woudl send.. this was product analysis..

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Intruder88 said:
I kinda think this was a business and not a school project.. got into the bow thrusters and how much you woudl send.. this was product analysis..
if it's not a legitimate poll by real college students - then

that will be $1,000 for our members opinions to be divided evenly between those who completed the so called "survey".

The member who posted the email address did not use a
.edu email address.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, you haven't locked the thread, nor removed the survey link. I agree it's a marketing survey for bow thrusters, but that doesn't mean it isn't being conducted by students.

E. Cannot be determined from the information given.

Sure would suck for a bunch of people to skew the results because they feel duped... :devious:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
our analysis will be published in the fall so that any of you can use them to design a new boating product for the boaters on this forum to enjoy and make a few bucks for yourself too!

huh?

one of us will design, build and sell a bow thruster for under $1,000.....

I think there needs to be another poll to determine from engineers if such a unit could even be built for that cost.

:laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

oh - and make a few bucks too.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
My opinion is that if you really do plan on using 500hp worth of nitrous that you may want to use a progessive controller on a two stage set-up. Don't engage it until 4500rpm and watch your fuel and bottle pressure.

Oh, turn your hat backwards before you make the run.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
cfm said:
My opinion is that if you really do plan on using 500hp worth of nitrous that you may want to use a progessive controller on a two stage set-up. Don't engage it until 4500rpm and watch your fuel and bottle pressure.

Oh, turn your hat backwards before you make the run.

huh? :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

·
Innocent Bystander
1,498 Posts
Ahead of the curve as always, I've already developed said bow thruster. For less than a thousand bucks, and in different sizes for different boats, too...

Attachments

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Schnook said:
Ahead of the curve as always, I've already developed said bow thruster. For less than a thousand bucks, and in different sizes for different boats, too...

Yeah!!!

Team Leader :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts