Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Skramer... did you decide on hydraulic steering yet??...I just ordered my Helm from Fred @ Trick.... :winker: :bigsmile: :shocked:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Scarab3DMC said:
Skramer... did you decide on hydraulic steering yet??...I just ordered my Helm from Fred @ Trick.... :winker: :bigsmile: :shocked:
Yeah I talked to fred a couple weeks ago. I think I'm going to do full hydraulic I just need to part with the money. Are you going to the party on the 14th?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
skramer...NO I won't be @ the party on the 14th... I have to be in Orlando for a builders trade show... won't be back till the 15th... :bigsmile: If you need a hand installing the steering let me know I'm more than willing to help....Dave...HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE "ZOO" GROUP....!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That last one was awesome. Damn guys, all of you are from Gods Country (Ohio). I was just back there over Thanksgiving. All my family is from Willoughby Hills and Lyndhurst. I miss it alot. Im stationed in the Coast Guard down here and although its 78 degrees out its just not the same. Boating sucks down here unless you have a flats boat (draft 6"). Thanks for the pics. I really love the classic performance boats and am just being patient till I get stationed back up in the Gret Lakes again. Where do you guys find these pics. What websites are good for parts and restoration. Its either an old Cig, Scarab, or 24 Fountain. Thanks for the pics.

And Go Ohio State Buckeyes !!!!!!

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
THEPISTONHEAD said:
That last one was awesome. Damn guys, all of you are from Gods Country (Ohio). I was just back there over Thanksgiving. All my family is from Willoughby Hills and Lyndhurst. I miss it alot. Im stationed in the Coast Guard down here and although its 78 degrees out its just not the same. Boating sucks down here unless you have a flats boat (draft 6"). Thanks for the pics. I really love the classic performance boats and am just being patient till I get stationed back up in the Gret Lakes again. Where do you guys find these pics. What websites are good for parts and restoration. Its either an old Cig, Scarab, or 24 Fountain. Thanks for the pics.

And Go Ohio State Buckeyes !!!!!!
Hey thanks for taking care of our shores!

My brother is now at marble head, and we are actually from detroit suburbs-

Come back up here we need some good guys at station st clair shores!
:unhappy1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Believe me the pleasure is all mine. I love this job. Im actually a flight mechanic on the HH-65 Dolphin (the cool orange helo). I was stationed at Air Station Detroit for 5 years previous to this unit (Air Station Corpus Christi, TX) and was even on an 140' Ice Breaker in St. Ignace, MI when I first joined.......BRRRRRR was that cold. I had a Scarab in the "D" and we use to go to Gull Island all the time !!!!! I miss the Great Lakes. Best Boating around. (Put-in-Bay, the "old" Flats before these yuppies started closing everything down to build condos, and St. Clair River-Port Huron....Quay Street Brewery). :laugher:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
I have been on that helo!

My uncle 20 years and retired was chief in station saginaw river, warrent officer out of group detroit, and before that he was in the keys working with customs, and station st clair shores for some time!

My brother started at traverse city moved to new york harbor and is now at marble head.

Station st clair shores has a female chief, and from what I was told by her guys, its Her first station and she is all about numbers. She wants to look good on paper , so she insists they pull over every boat possible. Every fri and saturday she has 2 boats sitting in front of jacks and the beach grill in scs pulling over every boat that comes in and out. There a lot of people and business owners that are very unhappy with this. Not to mention I have a scs police officer as a friend, and they have terrible realations with the station. I am no longer an auxilarist because of the wayt that station treats out flotilla.

Its getting bad here in our area. And I hate to have the feeling I do towards the station, because I am all for you guys, But they have made it no fun to go out boating from the nautical mile!

Sorry about my rant, But Like I said before Thank you for doing a good job. I would be there with you, But medical issues did not allow me when i was 18. My little brother is in though and having a great time!

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
As in helo I meant that model

Way to cool of a ride and I hate planes,

But back to the regular scheduled program! LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts