Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Seat/ Winndshield mock up, this is also a month or so ago, all interior, and windshield, is now redone, and sitting in a spare bedroom in my house, Motor also runs now, got it fired up yesterday :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
gilla said:
Boss got this small tarpon, then it got my thumb with a treble hook.
Keep the boss happy but Im almost positive that is a ladyfish. Tarpon have a very distinctive upturned mouth and huge scales for their size even when small. Ladyfish look like a tarpon and fight like one. Tarpon are thicker and ladyfish are skinny like that guy. I'm sure that fish jumped several times.
Are you down here often? I live fairly close but still havnt ventured down to cabbage key.

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
I stand corrected. Didn't know what a ladyfish looked like or that it was so similar to juvenile Tarpon.
I will be down after Thanksgiving for a week or so. The trip to Cabbage Key was great. Ran out from the Venice jetty on the way down-on the way back started outside but it got a little rough so we went in stump pass and then up the inside. They have a sigle BR for 145 I think, but we had a double since the single was taken. 185 I think, but split between two couples it would be reasonable, as it also had full kitchen facilities. A Great place to stay and on top of the fishing for sure.
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 70 Posts