Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 211 Four Winns Liberator. 350mag that puts out 300hp with an alpha drive. Right now I have a 21 pitch three blade stainless on it. Tops out right a 60mph. Was wondering if any of you new how a 23 pitch would change things? Someone also told me I should try a 5 blade, but I though those were more for ski boats. Was wondering if a 23 pitch would give me enough top end or if it would be a real dog out of the water. Any input would help. Thanks everybody.
Musso

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Need to know what you max RPM's are, and how you feel your hole shot is..... generaly a 4 or 5 blade prop handles better but robs top end,, not always the case, but generally. To be able to pull a 23 prop you would have to be on your revlimiter pretty hard (if you have one ) or be able to over rev the engine by about 400 RPM with a normal load.

Just for comparison, My last boat was a 21 Monterey V-8 turning a 21,,, I just had some extra cup put into the 21 to lower my RPM and improve top end a bit.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My top rpm is about 5200. I think the hole shot now is fine. looking to increase top end.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Find a prop shop with test props,,, I think you should be at 5000rpm so you wight be able to turn a 23 at about 4800

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
musso,I run a 502 and am turning a 23 p prop. When I had my 21 I used the same prop you are using now a 21p. Like obnoxus said,find a prop shop that might let you test a prop. I think a 23 will be to big, and I don't think a 4 blade is the answer either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts