Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

Prop Stolen, need replacement help, Plus!

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  rossmon 
#1 ·
Hi,

Here's one classic story of dwindling boat use leading to vandalism.
Due to age, health issues and a cheap boat yard where power and then water was removed from provided services (northern california) I lost interest in my 86 SeaRay Pachanga for a few years!

When I went to rescue it to trailer to my home, I found the prop stolen, a guage bashed, batteries stolen, covers left loose during a big rainy season, so mold and upholstery damage too!

Right now, I'm trying to exactly id my missing prop. All I remember is that it was a SS cleaver prop on my alpha sterndrive with 350 Mercruiser.
I'm a retired auto mechanic and electrical engineer, so i'm pretty handy! I pulled the plugs, sprayed fogging oil and will soon be hand cranking the motor. I had put gasoline treatment in the tank, and gas smells ok.

What are the exact specs for my cleaver prop? I see them used on ebay and the pictures look familiar! I believe it was a 21 pitch and my boat used to due 60-65 indicated on boat speedo at around 4200-4400rpm WOT for brief bursts!

Next, I'll be needing a black fuel guage or a shop I can send the existing one to replace the busted glass from when the vandals knocked one of two wooden poles I used to support the covers into the guage!
Then, all the breaker switches and on/off switches are corroded to various extents and the dash labels are now almost faded to zero legibility! Looking for sources for correct parts.

Thanks for your help!

Ross

PS so far, the response from my insurance company, Progressive Insurance, has been long on staff response but very short on what seems a fair monetary settlement! I'm still in the "negotiating" stage, (I hope!) and so we will see what I finally get but the current offer of $240 for my stolen prop seems piss poor. A used cleaver on ebay is $475!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.