Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their prop blueprinted?
I was wondering what type of results to expect.
I have found a shop that charges $175 with a money back guarantee if I don`t gain 2 mph.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
sounds like a good deal.
maybe you should ask them for a few guys names and numbers that have had work done there and see of they saw any increase in speed.

- jeff

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
I had mine done and got about 3 mph and it put me on the rev limiter. So if you are already on the limiter it maynot do much for ya? I picked up about 300 rpm from mine. Have you spoke with these people and told them your situation? These guys if they are any good can tell you what is up. Good luck!!:D

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FA18,
Aren`t you close to Houston? This guy is Darin, he owns Houston Prop repair. I told him I was already on the rev limiter. He said he would add some pitch and cup the blades to add lift and take away some rpm. He said he loved working on Mirage Plus props and felt like he could give me 2-3 mph and a lot of mid-range to boot. I`m gonna try it....

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I would love to have mine done but I always worry that the prop is already sharp enough back there and I dont want to make it more dangerous for the kids than it already is. Let us know how it turns out for you!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
blue printing

2-3 mph is pretty much standard gain for a blueprinted prop!!!!!!!mercury charges the highest price for blueprinting.they don't get any better results than anyone else!!!! you are just paying for their name!!!!!!!!!! bill:D :D

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
I used Darin for my props, I had a set of 25 mirage plus's that were labbed. they were not getting me anywhere near the rev limiter, so he sold me a set of 23's he cupped and labbed to 22's. I peg the limiter, but as far as more speed, I dont think that changed at all. I get alot better hole shot, and it seems to run good on mid-range.:D

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
need for speed

some times labbing will get you more accleration and not top end ,and at times you will get both,all you can do is try,and we willl do our best for you. here is a set of Black Hawk Props we did .Darin :eek: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Is Labbing and Blueprinting the same thing or two different things?

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
born2burn said:
Is Labbing and Blueprinting the same thing or two different things?
Yes,The blueprinting is bringing everything in to zero tolerance and lab refered to labbing is the work area it's performed in.But overtime labbing and blueprinting is referred the one in the same.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up Darrin.

·
Throttle Up Propellers
1,714 Posts
Lab Finishing is a Mercury term. They call their props "Lab Finished". Blueprinting on the other hand implies that the prop will be "worked" and adjusted to certain specifications, just as one would work off of a blueprint, if you will, creating a propeller that is to the highest of tolerance and specifically adjusted to one's boat, motor and drive set-up. Additionally the propeller is adjusted to you, the driver/ throttleman to achieve the goals you have set forth. In other words not just thinned and sharpened but built for your specific application.

Julie

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Now we are talking.........that makes "MUCH" more since now ! :star: :star: :star: :winker: :winker: :winker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Thats the explination I was looking for ! What would we do with out you Julie.......... :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts