Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are some good ramps in the area? When I go to the Cheasapeake I go to the Delaware City ramp. I would like to try some new ones.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Anchor marina in NorthEast Md. I only use this ramp. It is owned by forum member Boatdealer and is located next to the "Poker Run Capital of the World" The Nauti Goose, which is also owned by a fellow member of SW. http://www.nautigoosesaloon.com/

·
Registered
247 Posts
richmonds marina on the bohemia rvr,
right off 213, not too buzy, safe parking, can off load 42' wont get **** for being loud at 2am

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Anchor and Richmonds are both good but Anchor is a little roomier. They also have 2 ramps as opposed to 1 like Richmonds. I've used them both when going further down the bay.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I use the one at Anchor Marina on the North East river. Very organized and when you park your tow vehicle they pick you up in a golf cart and bring you back to your boat. :D

·
Everyones Buddy
2,618 Posts
Twisted Switzer said:
I use the one at Anchor Marina on the North East river. Very organized and when you park your tow vehicle they pick you up in a golf cart and bring you back to your boat. :D
And if your lucky Kay picks you up in the golf cart and not Fred!!! :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I think Anchor has the best ramp in North East, MD.

But there are others
There are ramps in Port Deposit, MD.
There is a ramp at the city dock in Havre de Grace, MD.
There is a ramp at the Wellwood in Charlestown, MD.

At the end of the peninsula is the Elk Neck State Park.
They have a very nice ramp that drops you in to the Elk River just north of the Turkey Point Lighthouse.
Also has a nice parking lot with plenty of space.

Here's a graphic:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Ikes brother said:
And if your lucky Kay picks you up in the golf cart and not Fred!!! :D

Well i guess it was Fred who gave me the lift Saturday and Sunday.. So who they hell is Kay?? and why did luck land me Fred twice???

:laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
eyeinstine said:
Well i guess it was Fred who gave me the lift Saturday and Sunday.. So who they hell is Kay?? and why did luck land me Fred twice???

:laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:
His wife and just how the He77 did that happen??

·
You BLOT that schit!
2,692 Posts
There is also a public ramp at Stemmers Run (end of Pond Neck Road in Earleville, MD.

We used to use it 3-4 times a week with our Mastercraft. Nice and wide, easy in and out, gobs of parking. Only thing is it has zero protection, so on busy days it can be a challenge getting out.

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
Makin-Memories said:
A ramp is the one thing that performance boaters and BASS boaters have in common ! :laugher:

That and a trailer. :winker:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Ikes brother said:
You tell me!!....and that laugh!!!! Holy $hit!!!
After two or three years of being woken up by it - you get used to it.

HHHHHAAAAAAA

Sounds like the penguin from Batman.

But - a hell of a nice guy.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts