Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Jeff,
Remember the time we headed out across the Bay toward Tilman Island??? It was a warm late afternoon, just before dusk, and we were the only boat out enjoying the glass-like water. We were doin' about 55mph, and I stripped out of my clothes to really feel the wind in my hair, so to speak... and that's when we came upon that fishing boat and the tour boat! Never the shy one, I waved as we we passed them, and I continued my naked ride until we were within a mile of the marina! :D

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Good story!! Bet it was a show for a few people that day:D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Karen is right. It was Memorial Day weekend and the water was like glass. We put the boat in the water at Kent Island Narrows (right across form the infamous Red Eye's dock bar) for a weekend in Solomon's Island (about 40 NM south and home to Pautuxent Naval Air Station - lots of cool jets flying overhead all the time). We spent the night in Tighlman Island at a really nice little Marina that was dead quiet and had a great restaurant on the water and a great bar. Lot's of eclectic people (with money) and crabbers live in the town. It's a "classic" Chesapeake Bay town - the kind I'd love to retire to.

In any event, after we cleared Kent Island and were heading south toward Tighlman Island, Karen looks over at me and said; "I've always wanted to do this" - so off came the two piece bathing suit. As we roared past the fisherman and the tour boat (it was an old converted crabbing boat), Karen was waving at the on-lookers!

:)

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Stop with that talk. I am at work. But I think all the founding members should get to see the pictures. Starting alphabetical with their last names.That should be our perk.:)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Good idea 1boatnut. Except the part about the alphabetical by last name.

Webster is pretty far back in the alphabet.:(

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
S'alright I got used to being last during 12 years of public schools. I don't take it personally anymore. Yeah, some days it does suck to be me but not summer days on the lake!

Larry

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
1boatnut said:
Stop with that talk. I am at work. But I think all the founding members should get to see the pictures. Starting alphabetical with their last names.That should be our perk.:)
How about doing this by member #? :D Works for me.:cool:
BTW what happened to the vote on the greeneyedbeacher's avatar? I vote to keep it.:cool:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Well I am obviously not fond of the Alphabetical system. How about going by order we requested the pics?
Of course we still have to convince TPTB to PM/Email the pics.:cool:

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
laster, I can live with that. If you look back in the thread I,m 1st.
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but your right,we still have that 2nd thing you mentioned:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts