Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Who will be going to the run and has room in their boat for two extra people? Brad and I will be traveling out from Phoenix since I am a sponsor for the event.

Anyone have room for us to tag along on the run? We would be more than happy to help out with some gas money and it won't cost you anything to bring us along since our dinners/registations are already paid for.

PM me if you have room in your boat for two extra. Thank you!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Good Luck All and have a FUN SAFE RUN, we are going to try Cumberland this year and we will see ya in the spring with some new POWER!! And I want a good long tow to try our the new Truck.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
jetmech said:
Jeff,
Have you considered having boats run in speed classes?

Remembering last years 4 starts with some boats having problems running 45 mph @ the start.

Also ... many boats did not follow the rules of staying behind the pace boat until Jackson marine. Many were hammer down before Charlestown.

Bob
1. yes, I have, thanks
2. they received stern warnings in phone calls last year after I reviewed the helo footage.

however - what everyone has to remember is this. Once a boat leaves the dock no organizer has control over what they do - I have threatened people and ejected people and told them they are forbidden from at any of my runs for rules infractions.

People will do that they want - all you can do is set rules, do your best to enforce them and make the penalties severe enough to make them think twice before breaking the rules.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
poker run police ??
if we said no dinner no prizes for boater that break the rules would it make it safer ??

lets hear it fans:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
jetmech said:
Had I given a list of the boats that did not follow the rules would that of disqualified them from any winnings?
yes it would have.

this year I am telling them their number gets yanked at lunch if they pass the pace boat at the start and they can GO HOME!

case closed- eh?

·
Registered
958 Posts
all it takes is one boat to pass the pass boat and the game is on. Everyone has to go. Nobody wants to be left behind. I know I have done it in the past but i was a follower. But i think jeff said it well. Just stress this at the the drivers meetings, if you can get all the drivers at the meeting. It seams half of the drivers gotta take a crap or somthing more important.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Just an idea . the N.E. river is so narrow up top. Would it be a good idea for each heat to meet their pace boat at Turkey point then go from there.. Maybe this might be to confusing to most. Or even better yet once your off the dock just go.. that would eliminate the balls to the wall race from the beginning. would also eliminate a group of 20 to 30 boats running together down the river causing huge chop for the boats in the rear that dont wanna be in the rear. Just some thoughts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
gizzi said:
all it takes is one boat to pass the pass boat and the game is on. Everyone has to go. Nobody wants to be left behind. I know I have done it in the past but i was a follower. But i think jeff said it well. Just stress this at the the drivers meetings, if you can get all the drivers at the meeting. It seams half of the drivers gotta take a crap or somthing more important.
that's why I do not hand out boat numbers until the end of the drivers meeting.

Also - spread the word: Any woman that competes in the Rock The Bay Lunchtime Bikini Contest gets a free poker hand this year!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if the boater doesnt listen to you jeff i can take care of them for you and vic can take care of the boat!!!!!!!!

" remember if we cant fix the problem we can get rid of it "

nice and clean with a good safety record too

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
nautigoose said:
poker run police ?? YES , that will be me again this year. i will get with jeff with some ideas on what we can do, as far as jumping the pace boat just set a flat your # pulled and your done rule. when people realize they going to forfeit 600.00 or more they will think twice.

·
Registered
462 Posts
This is why I don't do Chesapeake Bay Poker Runs any more. Were the Pace Boat for another run for 3 years. In 2006, I had to run around 8 boats that had steamed by me into a idle-speed section and cut them off by stopping broadside in front of them. That was good for more anxious moments than I need.

If I ever ran a Poker Run, I would not pass ANYTHING out until the Captains meeting. Anyone without the meeting materials can't leave the dock. Period.

Good luck, Jeff!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
C_Spray said:
If I ever ran a Poker Run, I would not pass ANYTHING out until the Captains meeting.

lofty and admirable goal - but the folks from out of town need time to enter the course coordinates in their GPS Units....

If you did run a poker run - I can tell you that you'd keep the route a secret whenever possible to avoid the folks that drop anchor right in the middle of the route because they think it's exciting to watch the boats go by fast.

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

1 - 20 of 296 Posts