Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
hey everyone. I met forum member BajaRock at the marina yesterday. It was so funny... he looked at my trim tabs and said he had seen them for sale on Speedwake and I told him I'm Mister Speedwake.

we started laughing - he's interested in doing Rock The Bay but was afriad his boat wasn't fast enough and I told him that it's not about speed and everyone has the same chance of winning. So for those of you with one poker run or fun run under your belt, shoot Bajarock a private message and tell him how much fun it is. I'd like to see another forum member with his very pretty Baja in Rock The Bay this year.

:)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Hey BajaRock with a 33 Outlaw you will be fine. We did the Fun Run in a bone stock 24 Outlaw. Now we did not keep up with the big boys, but still there was boats running our speed.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
8:30 AM - 29' Kryptonite - 2 x 300 Egg Beaters: 90 - 100 MPH Cruising Speed

8:45 AM - 31' Formula - 1,600 HP

9:30 AM - 36' Spectre Cat - 1,800 HP

9:50 AM - 27' Regal - HP off the charts :) - they'll have fun!

10:00 AM - 39' Velocity

10:20 AM - 35' Fountain - 1,150 HP

filling up faster evey day - remaining spots going fast - better get registered!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
11:27 P29 Scarab - yea!!! - one of my favorite all time boats... (next to the Scarab Panther - Miami Vice Edition)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
ROCK THE BAY WILL BE SMOKIN!!!!!!!

and since we are not performance boat elitists, I expect a registration later today from a guy with a Bayliner cruiser...

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Speedwake said:
11:27 P29 Scarab - yea!!! - one of my favorite all time boats... (next to the Scarab Panther - Miami Vice Edition)
Jeff I think that one is 4 sale?? I have been keeping my eye on that scarab:) :cool:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
detideoneon said:
Jeff I think that one is 4 sale?? I have been keeping my eye on that scarab:) :cool:
that;s not the real boat - it's just a pic I grabbed off the web - there are four P29's in the area...

·
Registered
373 Posts
A friend of mine has a P-29 in the Detroit area. For the right price I think he'd let it go.

Congrats on all the registered boats. Sounds like it's going to be a great field of boats.Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Premium Member
9,067 Posts
Wish I had the time and $$$$ to do it this year. But when my daughter moved in with me my wallet emptied fast having to get her all set up.
Maybe next year. :unhappy1:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
hap hazzard said:
speaking of leting go, i heard a rumor about an outdrive letting go on Saturday? any truth in that Jeff?
no - not true - the drives are just fine. I did break a universal joint though and it's already fixed.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
dominator scott said:
It would definitley be a blast taking the Dominator out there and running with some out of state members.
well then get your Michigan Butt down here so that Dave doesn't have to ride on a Baja this year....

- jeff

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
oh ok, thats better news. we heard from another member that you may have blown an outdrive heading up to the inn's beach party

·
Premium Member
9,067 Posts
Speedwake said:
well then get your Michigan Butt down here so that Dave doesn't have to ride on a Baja this year....

- jeff

If the $$$$ was there I would definitley be coming. That would be the ultimate weekend.
How many passengers does the registration cover? Driver and 1 passenger?

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
hap hazzard said:
oh ok, thats better news. we heard from another member that you may have blown an outdrive heading up to the inn's beach party
That would have been Chip & Penny - we were on our way over and I asked Karen to call Penny and let he know we would not be able to make it because that's what I first thought until we got back to the marina and pulled the boat out of the water.. then I saw that the uniersal had broken.

We had a great time on sat afternoon at the Goose - I ran into about a dozen boating friends who didn't care to sit outside in the heat after the Tomes Poker Run to be eaten by the flies and came back over to the Nauti-Goose for dinner instead. We had every intention of driving over to the Ches Inn, but after half a dozen drinks and about 5 hours - we were spent...

61 - 80 of 91 Posts