Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the thread over in the technical forum on trim limits and wondered if anyone's gets any rooster tail action. I imagine I could do it, but then I'd probably crack the gimbal...

thoughts?

- jeff

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
when I have my outboard jacked up and and trimed out w/ the chopper prop I through a pretty good roostertail! :D ;) :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
nope, no rooster tails, but dont care much for one either. If I trim it to much, a little spray maybee 2' high (weeek) , but I lose speed. I think the fast boats, especially the big ones, look the coolest with the spray coming from the sides at high speed, busting up those waves and shredding the water.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
1boatnut said:
No rooster tail here

YEAH RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!! looked like a darn jetboat with a place divertor the day the sea pump let loose !!!!!!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
i use to do rooster tails when i had a wing on my outdrive could trim it out and spray skier or tubbers it was great fun then ripped the bellows not fun. the wing also cut 4 mph off top but trimed better. took it off.

a kid the james has 2" pvc pipes on back and throws up two nice tubs of water about 30' high.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
At about 60 mph, I can start to kick up a little roost. By 80, it starts to get noticable from outside the boat. The pitot tube, and water pickups for the driveshower really helped make the rooster tail a lot more visible.

I extracted this picture from a video I had shot last summer. Was going almost 90 mph in this frame.

-Bayley

Attachments

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
I met a guy at the boat launch yesterday that had a Formula with the Kaama drives. Watched him jump up on a plane, then haul butt, shooting that roostertail out the back. Damn, I wanna get one.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Now if you were actually able to come up to the Rally Jeff, you might have been able to score a ride.
But since you aren't... :dead:

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh well... you never know if I may show up and you never know what I mat be riding in and who I may be riding with....

????????????????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts