Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting discouraged by poor auction results on Ebay for similar boats, I threw the Sprint on Craigslist with a very optimistic price. Needless to say, 2 hours later I was taking the post down with a deposit check from a buyer who lived 30 minutes away. Since the offer came within two hours of the post (and I fielded two more calls out of Greenville, SC while the guy was looking over the boat) I was able to get full asking price as well as some extra cash for some accessories and maintenance items the buyer wanted.

Keep this in mind guys when you are selling, I'm sure my boat would have ended up thousands less on Ebay in front of many more viewers.

Next season I'll be looking to get into something in the 22'-24' range with big block power.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
BabyScarab said:
After getting discouraged by poor auction results on Ebay for similar boats, I threw the Sprint on Craigslist with a very optimistic price. Needless to say, 2 hours later I was taking the post down with a deposit check from a buyer who lived 30 minutes away. Since the offer came within two hours of the post (and I fielded two more calls out of Greenville, SC while the guy was looking over the boat) I was able to get full asking price as well as some extra cash for some accessories and maintenance items the buyer wanted.

Keep this in mind guys when you are selling, I'm sure my boat would have ended up thousands less on Ebay in front of many more viewers.

Next season I'll be looking to get into something in the 22'-24' range with big block power.
i have one 4 ya 1993 24ft outlaw 19000

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the offer, but I'll wait until this offseason to purchase. With the economy still softening and shedding jobs, there will no doubt be some great distress deals (even better than what's on the market today).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.