Votes: 0 0.0%
  • start enging check oil pressure, pray

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It won't really matter.....

The engine oil will either be running through the cooler or the filter first....

I've run my engine either way and it's fine....

Right now I have it running to the filter and then the cooler......

....yours is running to the cooler first and then the filter from what it looks like in pictures...

Doug

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I think it should run through the filter first - hot oil is thinner and thus easier to filter.
Hot oil will pass through the filter easier than cooled oil.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
which means which oil lines to reconnect, ? swap the ones on the borttom oil filter adatpter on the lower part of the engine, I have 3 factroy manuals and went to bam marine website to look at there images /parts with out finding the right answer, glen

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1glengeorge said:
oil thermostat, i do not belive the oil filter HP4 set up is also a thermostat.,

It doesn't look like your's has an oil thermostat........

I would run the line from the "side" of the block adapter (outlet) to the filter and the one in the "center" to the cooler (inlet)....

It WILL run either way....

Doug

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1glengeorge said:
that would be the swap the lines on the lower part if the engine adapter plate?
...hard to tell from the pic's which line is in the center or the side of the block adapter....

I would run the "side" line to the filter and the "center" line to the cooler....

Doug

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1glengeorge said:
the lower hanging fitting is the center one, Then switching the bottom lines should be right????
Yes, switching the lines would be the way I would run it....

At least then if you happened to have debris comming from the engine the filter would catch it instead of it going in to the oil cooler.....

BTW: WELCOME to speedwake!!!

...good to see another CHECKMATE owner!!! :D :winker:

Doug

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thank you, will do 1st thing sat, i had to get the cooler tested and removed the lines and lost site to what goes where. 540 bbc 741 cam, merlin III heads hp1000 holly, cmi msd ect, fresh rebuild from rocca marine, need to get it right o hours. hope to be into the water sat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts