Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You folk have helped this way before when planning trips, so again I'm seeking local knowlege.

We will be visiting Charleston SC on 9/16-17 to check out the town and mainly the Medical University of SC with/for my daughters post grad schooling after one more year at Ohio State.

We will have the boat as this will follow our weeks vacation on Lake Norman. Since we're already 2/3 of the way there we figured what a perfect time to check the area out for a couple days.

Looking for marina info and places on a "must see/go" list for our 2 short days there. A waterfront restaurant/bar or two is a must, to go by boat. We plan on getting a transient slip for the night at a marina with nice facilitys. I've found a few listed including the City marina which looks nice and w/in walking distance of the Hospital/University. We want to walk and boat the town for the weekend and see if this is where my daughter would be happy and safe for the next four years.

The other issue is our dog may be with us. If we have too send her home Saturday with my other daughter we could. Are the outdoor bars and marinas pet frendly?

Thanks in advance for your time and local knowlege!
Mark

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Mark,

Glad to hear your coming back to Lake Norman again. Melody and I are looking forward to seeing you guys again.

As far as Charleston, we haved stayed at both Ashley Marina and City Marina. There is a Courtyard Marriott right behind the Ashley Marina where we stay when we do our Club trip.

There are several restaraunts on the water at Shem Creek, also California Dreaming is across the river from the marina.

I'll look through our info from our previous trips to find some more.

John

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much John.
We'll be on Norman from Aug 9-16
Love to see you all again.
Mark and Becky

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
A general contractor I do work for is base out of Charleston, and a girl that works in the office often emails me. I'll ask her Monday if she knows anything about it. Besides, it gives me a good excuse to email her. She's cute as a bug's ear for 40. :)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts