Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one using them how are they? Is the flapper noisy? Says it stops reversion what do you think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr. Demeanor said:
I had a set on my Liberator. I emailed you with some details. Loved them.
Do they cling at idle? How do they mount … screwed, clamp or is there a built in clamp. Do they quite it down pretty good? I’m running a S/B that pretty beefy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
The Shot-Gun Silencerers slip over the exhaust tips. They use a combination of silicone sealant on the end that slips over the tips, tap on with hammer & block of wood to seat, drill 3/16" hole thru the tip, and the recoil cylinder is thru-bolted thru the silencers and the tip.

At idle, there is a little chatter from the rapid fluttering of the butterfly. They do take the bark out of the the exhaust around the dock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
goebel1 said:
Do they cling at idle? How do they mount … screwed, clamp or is there a built in clamp. Do they quite it down pretty good? I’m running a S/B that pretty beefy
I run a 406 cu in S/B really beefy.
Mine don't cling, depends on the little damper arm adjustment I guess, 3 screws in each, mine don't quite down too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,039 Posts
goebel1 said:
Is the flapper noisy? Says it stops reversion what do you think.
They used incorrect wording. Substitute 'reversion' for 'intrusion.'

Flappers help with the backwashing of water back up tailpipe and thus possibly engine.

Water reversion is result of exhaust reversion which is atmospheric pressure going into lower pressure exhaust events bringing water with it and possibly into engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Shotgun Exhaust Silencer

cfm said:
They used incorrect wording. Substitute 'reversion' for 'intrusion.'

Flappers help with the backwashing of water back up tailpipe and thus possibly engine.

Water reversion is result of exhaust reversion which is atmospheric pressure going into lower pressure exhaust events bringing water with it and possibly into engine.
Well that explains it. I was trying to figure how it stops reversion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
I really like mine also, they really take the "bark" out of the exhaust. I would never pass a sound check with mine but they work good enough that I am not getting the attention from the sheriff. My engines are 600HP 454's

They do make a little bit of "clanging" noise but nothing that I notice unless I am at the back by the transom.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top