Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading back to Smith Mountain Lake this Friday for a 3 day weekend. I know all the high rollers are heading to Jammin on the James, but I can't afford that run right now.
Heading up Friday morning, leaving sunday mid day. Probably hang out at Mango's one night and who knows where the rest of the time. Anybody around my cell is 804-337-0124
I do not know the lake that well , only been on the water once at this years poker run.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I keep saying I am going to make a trip up there one weekend this summer, maybe in august. Are you camping or staying in a condo?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NR
I'm staying on the boat. I just installed a shower system so I can shower on the swim step.
Are you doing Jammin on the James this weekend?
If not head west, SML is beautiful, plenty water and watering holes if you need.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
not doing JOJ, I know it's one of the best runs right in my backyard, I'm just cheap I guess.

Does it get cooler at night at SML? I cant sleep on my boat in the summer w/o AC.

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
I have a CruiseAir Unit you can buy, would solve that problem there NR.... Call me if you want it...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NR
It does get cooler at night, bring your arse up this weekend and find out.
I was too cheap to do JOJ also. It was going to cost me $444 for 2 people, $25 late fee and docking. I was going to sleep on the boat. Then gas in the truck and boat, plus food or drinks. $1000 shot to sh1t.

Guess really I'm jealous of all the guys that can do it

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
exactly, cant do it this weekend but i am going to plan a trip up there in late July or sometime in August.

The HRPA run in August is less expensive, still a expensive day when you factor everything in.

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
With a big boat, you can count on spending about 800 to 1000 for a weekend with a Poker Run... Guess its a rich mans hobby, only I am not rich....lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts