Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BGIII said:
Why are the engines so filthy on the first one is my first question.
Oh I noticed that......for sure... Could that be a possible submersion? :yawn:

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also know of REALLY nice 33 AVS 5 miles from my work, May pull the trigger on that one this winter. But its going to be hard going backwards in size, I like having the room/comfort.

Then again I am having trouble looking past the new 37' Active Thunders and Sunsation 32 SSR's... They keep popping up all around here... Pretty boats!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't get it, didn't you just sell a 38 Scarab? Why would you turn right around and buy another one for nearly double the price?

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
zupmanZ28 said:
I don't get it, didn't you just sell a 38 Scarab? Why would you turn right around and buy another one for nearly double the price?
Ever heard of AVS? Thats what I wanted back when I was looking 5 years ago, but couldn't afford it. Thank god I sold my 38 when I did, otherwise I would probably still own it. Double the price, twice as nice?? Sure is... These boats are 5-10 mph faster than my last one, they have AC, and pump out heads, refridgerator, etc etc.... :winker:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Scarabs are way over priced IMO. Decent deals on cigs and formulas right now. After owning straight bottom topguns and a fastec formula. Steps are way to go, especially w/ fuel prices. I wouldnt spend over $90k for a non step topgun. 35-38 Fastecs in the 70-85k range right now.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
I agree Scarabs are over priced as well... I love them and the AVS. I love teh options on the first Scarab...
They are both in house graphics but they are nice in person.

I dont think a submersion would leave just dust on the power Rock... Almost seems like the hatch was open near where work was going on or quite frankly, they were never cleaned and just maintained....

All cool rides for sure...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dave, get a boat THIS summer and maybe I'll actually get to be on the water some. Still working on my boat :(

I'll be missing all the fun this weekend, and probably be in a bilge to boot.

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
jrapp said:
The Donzi's looked NICE! The first was very different.
Not very different, all the ZR's have the half canopies. But the Header on the front motor IS different, never have seen that before, exhaust comes out the side!!!

But it looks as though its been raced in P3 class??? :dead: AND its in California.... but I am no stranger to buying out there...lol :devious:

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think both of those Scarabs could be had for under 100k... especially with the market the way it is. They won't be selling those anytime soon I don't think...

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Rock Steady said:
Not very different, all the ZR's have the half canopies. But the Header on the front motor IS different, never have seen that before, exhaust comes out the side!!!

But it looks as though its been raced in P3 class??? :dead: AND its in California.... but I am no stranger to buying out there...lol :devious:
I have raced with that boat, it is VERY Nice, but it has been raced!!!

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Speedwake said:
should have kept yours....
Can't say I disagree... It was a very pretty boat... On to bigger and better things though...

1 - 20 of 107 Posts