Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Opinions Please... This nice of a truck will cut into my boat budget, but I love this truck too though!!!

I could just get a dually truck and use it for a tow truck only and that cost only about 10k for a decent truck.

I know some of you know Matt and this yellow beast, good condition and run great? The advantage I am counting on here is buying something from a known person who I can contact if something goes wrong for advice and experience, etc.

I won't be driving this everyday, since diesel is so expensive, but it will be there for the Sunday Drive!!! IE to the Beach!!!

Attachments

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While I am up there gonna look at a few of these as well, doubt I will come home with one, but its going to be very tempting...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Matt's truck is a beauty. Rides and drives great, hauls the mail, hauls anything hooked to it, and looks like it came out of the show room yesterday. In fact I don't think I've ever seen it dirty.

Rocksteady if you look my username up in photobucket and go through my main album you'll see a lot more pictures that I took of the truck.

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am looking for something bigger.... Its going to be cutting back just to go with a 32. Really want 37+

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm workin on IT.... Why you sellin it anyway?

·
Registered
549 Posts
True Diesel is expensive, but my 7600# Duramax with 4.56 gears and 37's gets over 17 MPG while a friends truck with the same mods but a 6.0 gasser gets 11, so I still end up the winner. :laugher:

you will find yourself driving it more than you think.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Rock Steady said:
I'm workin on IT.... Why you sellin it anyway?
Have you ever seen how many trucks matt has owned over the last few years? The kid can't leave well enough alone!!

There was the 2wd race truck, the regular cab on swampers, the dually, the other dually, this one....

And he is on what his third or 4th boat already?

Hell he only has 20 something hours on his new sunsation and he's already installed headers, talking about whipples, stereo's, new drives, etc. I think he is diseaesed.

:laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
You're missign a couple trucks and the boat has 30 hours on it now Chad! :laugher:

I've had the truck for almost 3 years now, that's long time for me.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
MattBMiller said:
You're missign a couple trucks and the boat has 30 hours on it now Chad! :laugher:

I've had the truck for almost 3 years now, that's long time for me.
I hear that, mine usually go up for sale the minute I buy them.

I can't think of a single car or truck other then one jeep I had that I owned for longer then 18 months. The boat on the other hand will stick with me for at least a few years.

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I heard that!!!

I have a habit of getting something, dumping a ton of money in it, then selling it... AND I have a strong tendency to buy stuff more than 3 states away... I am diseased as well...

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
So I have been doing a little research as well on my own. I guess you can only get the SSR in Silver or Yellow Base Gel??? That sucks... I have a few ideas of my own that will shoot down... I was thinking Black and White Gel with some Red and Carbon accents...

I am getting in touch with the Sunny guys to talk about all of this stuff, already have over a few beers at the docks.. Hopefully I will get a ride in one while I am there...also bringing my head decision maker...

I dont' think I will be getting out on that P-28 since the owner is all gimped up...lol :laugher: I guess I could "captain for a day". :bigsmile:

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Rock when you coming into town? If you can talk matt into me and you can steel his boat for a ride and I'll go out with ya :laugher:

If not I'll take you for a ride in my boat if its back together in time, ride in my 24 and any 28-32 footer will feel huge lol :laugher: :laugher:

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shooting for August 8th, or there about... Where do I fly into?

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I will be up north that weekend, hoepfully with a running boat.

Matt is probably an hour from Detroit Metro and also an hour from Flint Bishop. If you dont want to deal with as many crowds and as much crap fly into flint and drive the hour south.

If you dont mind crowds, fly into metro and drive the 45-1 hour north lol

:laugher:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
why spend more money than you need to on a truck you rarely use?

My 3500 dually sits in the driveway all week long, goes back and forth the marina once each weekend during the summer and gets us back and forth to fla once each winter.

and I don't owe a penny on it...

I bought it in 2004 for 19k used in Michigan with 49k miles on it. Bayley picked us up at the Detriot airport and drove us an hour or so to pick it up. It's been great.

no it aint tricked out but I chipped it, put in a shift kit and a new torque converter and it tows the OL just fine and it's dirt cheap to insure too!

however on the other side of the coin - that is a beautiful truck!!!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts