Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stunned, was looking to trade it in and someone came with cash, I sure am gonna miss here had it a year just about to date, and put over 20k with No issues, I lost my a## on it but its the first vechicle Ive ever lost on so I guess I'm even again

Attachments

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this appears to be the replacement, well see on Wednesday

Attachments

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup its been sitting, hoping that will help me score, just hope it hasnt sat too much, on the other hand there is not a spec of rust anywhere, just a cpl scratches :confused1

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats, and good luck.

I've got an '01 Yuk XL 2500 with the 496. Once I sell the 311 I'm considering going to a Tahoe/Yukon. My gas mileage will double... :dead:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Are Tahoes good tow vehicles? I was thinking about getting one to replace my Z71 with because I'm finding I rarely use the bed anymore.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Tommygun said:
Are Tahoes good tow vehicles? I was thinking about getting one to replace my Z71 with because I'm finding I rarely use the bed anymore.
Essentially the same truck.

They don't tow quite as well with the coil springs out back and the shorter wheelbase, but in general the average person wouldnt notice the difference.....

I think the 99+ chevies are some of the best trucks on the road, I have had nothing but very good luck with them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
up-toy
I think the 99+ chevies are some of the best trucks on the road, I have had nothing but very good luck with them.

That's a loaded statement. my 05 silverado crewcab is a total lemon, I can't wait to unload it. the short list....

first trasmission at 4630 miles.
transfer case encoder 4800 miles
dropped out the drive shaft and wrapped it up around the axle taking out the exhaust system and one rear tire, landed in someones front lawn 7110 miles.
shall I go on I think you get the point. trust me there's more. every manufacturer has junks I guess.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
layinitdown said:
up-toy

That's a loaded statement. my 05 silverado crewcab is a total lemon, I can't wait to unload it. the short list....

first trasmission at 4630 miles.
transfer case encoder 4800 miles
dropped out the drive shaft and wrapped it up around the axle taking out the exhaust system and one rear tire, landed in someones front lawn 7110 miles.
shall I go on I think you get the point. trust me there's more. every manufacturer has junks I guess.
They all can't be perfect. My 99 had 175,000 miles on it before I did anything other then brake jobs to it. My brother has two of them he works to death every single day and both are over 160,000 miles, my dads got two of them that he has had zero problems with, the list goes on. For everyone who likes them you'll find someone such as yourself that doesn't.

I still stand by my statement, I think they are some of the best tow vehicles on the road, longevity, comfort, performance, etc.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tommygun said:
you will love it especially if your pulling the boat in your avatar a 230 stingray, I loved my tahoe and still miss it, it towed great considering I was pulling a 271, tight turning is also another plus! I think you would be happy

·
Registered
833 Posts
UP_ROKTOY said:

They don't tow quite as well with the coil springs out back and the shorter wheelbase, but in general the average person wouldnt notice the difference.....
I would've never thought of that (the springs)- I'll hold onto the pickup then, thank you.

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Nice truck 89donzi :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

GM truck pulling a Formula.......great combo :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Tommygun said:
I would've never thought of that (the springs)- I'll hold onto the pickup then, thank you.
The main reason it can be an issue is that the coils are softer then the leaves in the pickup to provide a nicer ride and the fact the tahoe doesn't typically carry payload like a pick up truck will. I don't think with a boat your size you will really notice a big difference, if you did its VERY simple to add air bags inside the coil spriings on a tahoe if you needed to stiffen it up a hair.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a tahoe to tow any boat under 27 feetish, I think you would be just fine. But I did think it was worth mentioning :)

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My tahoe had the autoride option, the back end would jack up and stay there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts