Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
I just got off the phone with a friend in Port St Lucie. I asked if he was getting a "shower" down there. He said, more like "intermittent thunder storms"

Actually he said it wasn't that bad, nothing like the real thing and he added, they needed the rain!

Just not all at once! :rain:

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
The weather people are wanting to keep there job's , they blew up this storm from the begining , from heavy rain to wind , in cape coral were the eyes going to go threw , we just got a little rain and a little wind ,, krasy there still on the tv showing nothing ?

·
Registered
283 Posts
was a rough couple of hours this morning but nothing like hurricane wilma, will need to check the boat in an hour when high tide hits. Couple of trees down, lost power for an hour and do not have cable, could have been worse.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ben running around like a maniac for 2 days .Went to Key West and tied off a 52 sailboat that I take care of
then spent 9 hours driving back to Bonita . Yesterday I went out to Captiva to button down 2 beach houses I work on out there and then helped a buddy of mine strip the sails and gear and tie down his 43 sailboat.

Glad to see no damage. I hate the cleanup.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It's just been a grey day. Can see the clouds moving from the East to the Southwest (I'm on the 22nd Floor in downtown Tampa). No rain whatsoever. Windy though. Went out at lunch time and it was blowing pretty strong.

This storm had so many predictions... that the entire state had to be prepared. I was concerned it would be like Charlie... go in through Cape Coral/Ft. Meyers and go through Lakeland and exit at Daytona... and leave another nasty trail. Glad to see that it cut through the state further south AND not as a hurricane.

This storm may me go out yesterday and stock up on hurricane supplies. It had been a while... and canned goods get used up (or in my case, some had expired). Gas stations ran out of gas. Though, I was impressed with WalMart in Gibsonton. I went there after work to get supplies -- the line for the gas was incredible. There was a tanker there too unloading. I went back out around 9:30 pm, got my gas... and another tanker was pulling in to unload. They definitely had their act together.

Any how... for all of us in Florida... glad this was just more of a firedrill than the real thing. It may piss off some... but, I'd rather spend the money and time preparing for it then adding more money and time cleaning up from it!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Bay News 9 (3 p.m.) -- Tropical Storm Fay is not in a hurry to cross the south Florida peninsula.

While the forecast shows Fay will cross Florida and head back out into the Atlantic, some computer models have it coming back to the state as a stronger storm.

"The forecast calls for it (Fay) to move very slowly, possibly into the Atlantic again. It could strengthen again and come back at Florida and maybe even make it into the Gulf of Mexico," said Bay News 9 Chief Meteorologist Mike Clay. "There are some computer models that call for that. So we've got many many many days to watch this."

GREAT.... This "chick" is enjoying Mickey Mouse way too much!

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
tampaboatersgirl said:
Bay News 9 (3 p.m.) -- Tropical Storm Fay is not in a hurry to cross the south Florida peninsula.

While the forecast shows Fay will cross Florida and head back out into the Atlantic, some computer models have it coming back to the state as a stronger storm.

"The forecast calls for it (Fay) to move very slowly, possibly into the Atlantic again. It could strengthen again and come back at Florida and maybe even make it into the Gulf of Mexico," said Bay News 9 Chief Meteorologist Mike Clay. "There are some computer models that call for that. So we've got many many many days to watch this."

GREAT.... This "chick" is enjoying Mickey Mouse way too much!
You should be at the Little League
World Series cheering for Tampa

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
oldman58 said:
You should be at the Little League
World Series cheering for Tampa
I am.... from my living room!!!

Trust me, my son has the games on (his team represented his Little League but never made it past our Region)

Go Citrus Park!

I just looked out the window ... going home is going to be great, just like the ride in was great. All government offices and schools were closed today (Note: Yesterday was the first day of school for our kid). There is hardly any traffic on the roads -- I can see I-4; the Crosstown; and I-275.

Well peeps ... I'm going home!

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Just got an e-mail from my friend in Port St Lucie, he said...........

Didn't need to get any sandbags...the tide didn't get up to the front door.
This is what 8.5 inches of rain looks like!

And this is what he sent.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.