Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the new members and the good old ones-shouldn't we be thinking about a FBF Rally this fall? We are located to most of the group and the weather will be warmer longer. Pickwick-tour Pier 57-great BBQ or Smith lake in North Ala. Any fly-ins can be picked up in Memphis, Nashville or Birmingham. Just an offer-but I will go with the group.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FIne-but probably before Oct-might get too cold to swim- or later, if we just want to cruise. Great State Park Lodges/rooms and cabins at Ky dam-Grand Rivers, KY.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
LAKE CUMBERLAND !!!!!!!!!

( I wanted to go there this year anyway,,,, doesnt get more central then that !!!! )

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
P.S..... Or Kentucy Lake,,, supposed to be nice there also.

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a good friend, a retired tug captain, that lives in Grand Rivers by Kentucky Dam. He catfishes almost every day of the year. We can have an early am catfishing trip below the day for the guys that are sober-then he would probably fry them up for us that night. 2-3 miles uo from the dam is a cut through to Lake Barkley. Both lakes have good marinas spaced up river for good runs and refreshments. Cumberland is supposed to be nice, although I haven't been there. Keep the suggestions going-maybe something will work out.

Note: yellow boats are banned from participation. The group can't afford the liability coverage.

I will also have to arrage for professional courtesy from the local agency of competent jurisdiction-just to cover OB and BN.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
gilla said:

I will also have to arrage for professional courtesy from the local agency of competent jurisdiction-just to cover OB and BN.
You might need to bring a couple off duty officers with you!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Kebtucky/barkely is ok, that is where I boat. Only problem is that by mid Sep they are at winter pool. The water level only drops 5' but thats alot for lakes with an average depth of only 12'. Would be ok as long as you only run in the channels fast and be real careful if you are going into any coves. The rock Quarry is a big hang out- No problem there 110' deepest part of the lake. Cumberland is supposed to be real nice. Have not been yet.

·
Registered
250 Posts
We did Cumberland 2 years ago and it was great! It's huge, deep, and there are lots of places to go. There is a big marina/hotel called Jamestown there that has some really nice facilities and a huge dock.

BUT....there's always a BUT...It is surrounded by dry counties so you have to bring all your booze with you:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
There'a always Lake Michigan !!!! Plenty to do out here !!! Of course, the coast guard has a " Thing " about yellow boats here as well !!!

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Originally posted by gilla

Won't my get out of jail free card work??
That should allow me at least i misdemeanor
I mean were not talking murder...just a few boyish pranks.

Screw obnoxus.....he's on his own:laugher:

·
Registered
259 Posts
gilla, you will be close to me (few hours) once I move to GA (Columbus). I have a time-share on Lake Martin (have not used it in forever). It is a nice lake too. The water is very clear and stays warm there. Ther is allways Lake Lanier too.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Screw obnoxus.....he's on his own:laugher: [/B][/QUOTE]

STORY OF MY LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
My boat would be like the S.S. Minnow out there on Lake Michigan. I would end up like the Edmund Fitzgerald, the way I drive out there. Would defintely be time for a new boat after that trip. Besides my Insurance would not cover me out there. I have inland waters only for now. However, 22' boat, 5-6 foot chop, Big block power, could defintely be fun.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
No worries Jim,,,,Bnut and I did it for several years, both in 20" open bows !!!!! I got rid of mine because The Mrs was paranoid of sinking it,,, and bnut got rid of his cuz,,,,,well lets just say,,, Mrs OB's paranoia was well justified !!!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
well,,lets see what " version " Boatnut gives,,, then Ill tell you the truth !!!!!!!

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
There's no version....it's all clear now,Mrs. ob tried to sink mt boat.......................

Stil just a urban legend.....you guy's need to follow these posts better:confused:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hmmmm... let's see

I can't trailer my boat.

Jeff and I and a few others are right here on the Chesapeake Bay.

We have a million things to do and some great places to go.

Yep, my vote goes for the Chesapeake:D

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Well if you can't come up with a good place come on out to the Northwest!
My .02 worth:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts