Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in order to teach my son some seamanship, I got him a remote control boat. Notice of course it is a "fast-boat", just like dad's he says. Anyhow, I am teaching him basic navigation rules, etc. Notice, the first mate in traning is there too. She might have to stay after school tonight for some additonal training.

Attachments

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
good going....but I bet dad plays with the litle toy boat too:D

jimgoog,the 1st mate looks a little bewildered,she might have to stay after school a couple of nights...you know,till she gets it right:confused:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course I do. Yeah we let the 1st mate try it and she crashed it into my boat. Maybee it was the outfit. My motto is "Thongs are not only authorized, but highly encouraged". I'll have to give her more training, "handling the sticks". Seems like they all want to just grab them and start "jerking them around".

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
OB and BN-Do not say anything about the man in the boat-it would be fitting-but not appropriate.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Good job on the early training! You need to get another one of those boats to do a little racing!:D :D

Stick handling is also very important and lots of practice is sometimes necessary!:laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
duc hunter, yeah a gas powered one. I thought about getting him one of those and build it with him. Something that can throw a rooster tail.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
I have been looking at a gas powered one myself, I was a lake a couple of weeks ago and there were four guys with gas ones and they said that they reach top speed of around 65 mph, they said they had around 500 to 700 hundred into those but said to start around 300 hundred for a good starter!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, for that kind of money, I think I will pass and continue his training on the real boat. 65mph, had no idea they went that fast. I thought maybee 30.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
I think you can propaly get one for around $200 hundred but these guys said that you will not be that happy until you spengd a little more money!
Never fails the fast you want to go the more the money you need to spend.:) :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts