Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Jeff,

That is an unbelievable boat. It looks exceptionally clean. I would love to have an engine compartment like that. You could get to anything on that motor without breaking a sweat or twisting body parts in unnatural positions.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Now THAT is a BOAT!! The only problem is, where would you go if you wanted to upgrade from there?:confused: :D

Love the OL's, saw quite a few at the Sarasota PRA in April, impressive to say the least.

Attachments

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Is that a new ad, I was down in seabrook this past weekend and didnt see that boat there. I know they have a couple used 37 active thunders for a good price.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it's only money....yea....
in my opinion the boat seems like a pretty good deal. I'll have to find out how recently all that engine work was done... I'd never by a boat with blower engines that had been run with over 8 lbs of boost. If the work has been done since that time yea...but if these motors have been run at over 8 lbs as mentioned in the ad - no way...

especially with 8.75 compression pistons. My blower motor has J&E 8:1's and was never run over 4.5 lbs of boost.

- jeff

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Are those Prochargers blowing threw the carbs? I thought they had problems keeping the right mix to all the cylinders. It sounds like a hell of a deal for an OL.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
WOW!!!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Awsome boat!!
Beautiful graphics.
The engines are cool. The torque curve is pool table flat from 3900 to 4900 and a max of 730lbs +/-. :cool:
Horse power aint bad either 753 @ 5600. :cool:

Go for it!!

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
I'm with you Jeff on the supercharged engine. Scary! I also herd and understood that a procharger or vortec 'could' work with a carb but was a real bitch to set up! I wonder if they would pull the engines for you and you could fill the compartment with what you want?
Maybe some engine manufactures would take them on trade? The boat is beautiful, I think it's worth a few phone calls to check out the engine swap theory. Let us know.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
If there is low hours on the motors, swap pulleys to a low boost right away and run the snot out of it !!!!

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Hey Obnoxus, if you do that i think your going to need some one who nows these things to reset the jetting and such. If your spending that much I kinda like em to run when I get em. Not play around for weeks.
My 2 cents!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
WEEKS TO REJET A CARB !!!???? Swap pulleys and jeting is a day project,,,, and how bad is having to take hard runs in your new boat,,,,sounds like just as much fun as work to me !!!!!!!!

Take a hard run,,, shut down one engine immediatly,,, pull a plug,, see what ya got, rejet accordingly,,, REPEAT !!!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts