Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

sticking toe in very hot water....

2K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  hotbeek 
#1 ·
#12 ·
it's only money....yea....
in my opinion the boat seems like a pretty good deal. I'll have to find out how recently all that engine work was done... I'd never by a boat with blower engines that had been run with over 8 lbs of boost. If the work has been done since that time yea...but if these motors have been run at over 8 lbs as mentioned in the ad - no way...

especially with 8.75 compression pistons. My blower motor has J&E 8:1's and was never run over 4.5 lbs of boost.

- jeff

#16 ·
Awsome boat!!
Beautiful graphics.
The engines are cool. The torque curve is pool table flat from 3900 to 4900 and a max of 730lbs +/-. :cool:
Horse power aint bad either 753 @ 5600. :cool:

Go for it!!

#17 ·
I'm with you Jeff on the supercharged engine. Scary! I also herd and understood that a procharger or vortec 'could' work with a carb but was a real bitch to set up! I wonder if they would pull the engines for you and you could fill the compartment with what you want?
Maybe some engine manufactures would take them on trade? The boat is beautiful, I think it's worth a few phone calls to check out the engine swap theory. Let us know.

#20 ·
WEEKS TO REJET A CARB !!!???? Swap pulleys and jeting is a day project,,,, and how bad is having to take hard runs in your new boat,,,,sounds like just as much fun as work to me !!!!!!!!

Take a hard run,,, shut down one engine immediatly,,, pull a plug,, see what ya got, rejet accordingly,,, REPEAT !!!!!!

#23 ·
personally: I like zero maintenance boats. Boats that I don't "have to" work on. There's a big difference between "having to" and "wanting to" work on a boat. I like to work on my boats, but I don't like "having to".

When we built my blower motor it was taken to Dean Nickerson's for jetting on the dyno. It turned out to be a very low maintenance motor and that's just the way I wanted it. Change the oil and change the plugs and that's all you need to do!

- jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.