Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my throttle control any suggestions on what to get and what to stay away from. I have a top mount single controller with a neutral switch and trim.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had the same single lever quicksilver control on my nova.I swapped them over to the dual lever zero effort style.It was really easy to do.I had to trim a little material to fit it in,but it help update the boat.There are a lot of manufacturers that make this design.It comes down to budget and personal preference.Keikhafer,morse,livorsi,and gaffrig are a few.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
90nova said:
I had the same single lever quicksilver control on my nova.I swapped them over to the dual lever zero effort style.It was really easy to do.I had to trim a little material to fit it in,but it help update the boat.There are a lot of manufacturers that make this design.It comes down to budget and personal preference.Keikhafer,morse,livorsi,and gaffrig are a few.
What brand of controller is zero effort style

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gaffrig Throttles prices are not bad it says, All throttles include 30 series cable connection kits. How do I know what cables I have?

·
Registered
207 Posts
The 30 series throttle cables are universal.The have a threaded end and use adapters to connect to whatever style throttle and motor you have.They are red in color and made by teleflex and morse.Quicksilver is the factory make by mercrury marine.You may still be able to buy a replacement throttle that matches your old one.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I just put a teleflex universal on this past weekend and it seems to work just fine... not fancy, but not too bad and gets the job done - especially for a couple hundred bucks

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wtfo said:
I just put a teleflex universal on this past weekend and it seems to work just fine... not fancy, but not too bad and gets the job done - especially for a couple hundred bucks
Have model # for the Teleflex universal you used and pic of it mounted

·
Registered
405 Posts
sorry, no pic on hand and batteries were dead in the digital cam. it's a model 1700 series, side mount that I installed, but when I was at overtons getting it they also had top mount on hand as well. it wasn't bad to install and works smoothly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed livorsi controls I dont think the price is that bad they work great I also installed new hardin marine gauges and polished alm dash I will add the pics of all of this tomorrow I get my seats back so I wanted to show everyone. I can also include some part #s and prices.If you would like them.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
gills99stang said:
I'm wanting to switch from single lever dual control to dual levers dual control on my Formula 223LS. Can you use a dual lever Morse control for twin engines for this? Here's the one I'm thinking of buying:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/1083500001.html
I would think you could find some much nicer offshore style controls for that price. I only paid $200.00 for mine used. Check Ebay and the classifieds here and on OSO.

·
Registered
112 Posts
hpboatsofmt said:
I just installed livorsi controls I dont think the price is that bad they work great I also installed new hardin marine gauges and polished alm dash I will add the pics of all of this tomorrow I get my seats back so I wanted to show everyone. I can also include some part #s and prices.If you would like them.
How much did you pay for your livorsi controls? New or used?

·
Registered
112 Posts
jrapp said:
I would think you could find some much nicer offshore style controls for that price. I only paid $200.00 for mine used. Check Ebay and the classifieds here and on OSO.
What brand did you buy used on EBay for $200? That sounds exactly what I would be willing to spend.

·
Registered
112 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts