Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was hoping you'd have some suggestions as to what I could do......?

I Have a 89' Wellcraft Eclipse 233, but I'm begining to want something else, something thats in a little better shape, something thats alittle faster, but still functional. I have a limited price range and limited might be an understatement, I'm only 23 and I think my max would be 11 Thou and that includes selling the boat hoping I'd get 7 for it. I'd like to stay in the 23' foot range +/- a foot and I'd like thru hulls obviously. I have been lookin at some Liberators and most have the OMC motor which is a concern as well as many other models but nothing that really catches my eye and is feasable. do you guys have any suggestions or have seen any great deals out there ?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
that's a tough price bracket, but not impossible. off the top of my head you could move into a Nova if you wanted to stay in the Wellcraft family, maybe a Formula 223, or 242, maybe an older checkmate or 22 scarab.....and of course there's always the Pachanga. not aware of any great deals right now, but I'm sure in a few months there will be some desperate folks ready to unload their toys.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm flexible when it comes to a different manufacturer, If I could find a formula that would be awesome, Something that needs work would be fine too, I got more time then money thats for sure.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe me I would love to pick up your 223, But 13 is alittle too much, And you got an excellent point there, of selling the boat first ! I'm not a highly motivated buyer right now, but I'm getting there!

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
a 93 or 4 23 Nova might be feasable... maight be a tad over your budget tho... but to find one locally may be tough in that price range. I also think 7 k for your ride is stretching it as well...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have to agree 7 might be best case scenario, but who knows, we'll see whats up, I'm in no rush and once again the weather is total crap this weekend.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I have a 89 242 LS formula that maybe up for sale. The only thing it needs is to have the bottom paint either removed or redone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
242 formula said:
I have a 89 242 LS formula that maybe up for sale. The only thing it needs is to have the bottom paint either reomved or redone.
do you have any pics ?

p.s. love the quote

1 - 20 of 32 Posts