SpeedWake.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SumRFun
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all - Daves the name, and another new member
Happened to stubble across the site while internet searching all things re SunRunner Boats. My 1984 SunDance 190 Bowrider (Merc 140 I/O ) was purchased new here in Canada in1984 and even though it has been lovingly looked after for the past 34 years, it was time to do some sprucing up. Currently in my shop and doing some upholstery work, installing a new stereo, bilge pump and float switch, sanding and re-staining the swim platform and some of the teak trim, a complete hull clean/compound buff and polish. New canvas was installed 4 seasons ago. This is only one of many boats I have owned over the years but the best one and best boat line built in it's class. Still going strong; It has never seen any hull work or engine work except for a new starter & distributor. The perfect family boat for the cottage lake (Balsam).
As SunRunner has long been gone as a manufacturer we see fewer of them around the Trent Severn Waterway where I boat.
I would really like hearing from those who still cherish their SunRunner and have any history on the company, what happened to it, and did they continue on as something else.
Have read a lot of great posts since joining and look forward to more; for us living above the 49th, the ice will be gone soon and the fun on the water shall resume. Happy boating. Dave (SumRFun)

Attachments

·
SumRFun
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bigdog ....... thanks for sharing my thoughts ......... if that's a SunRunner sitting on that trailer of yours, it's a model that I am not familiar with in this part of the country, or at least in the Kawartha's ........ what is it ? .... how long have you owned it ...... have you had others, either SunRunners or ? ....... looks nice anyways.
Archman4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sunrunner

That old beast is a 1986 SunRunner 220sb that i picked up this past weekend for $2800 and it has 176 hours on it ready to fish.
i have owned redfins and sunrunners before but i really love those sunrunners, you just can't tear them up unless you run hard aground.

·
Registered
1 Posts
20180722_134742.jpg

20180722_134827.jpg

20180722_134733.jpg

I have a 1979 Sun Runner I purchased 18 years ago from my folks who were original owners. I'd like to know what model it is and is there any interest in these old boats anymore. I think it's time to let it go as we don't use it anymore. Thanks for any help. It's 20 or 21 feet Cabin Cruiser w/260 Mercruiser Inboard motor. I have not seen any like it in my searches. Was purchased in Spokane from the factory. Maybe it was a one off?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 181822

View attachment 181824

View attachment 181826

I have a 1979 Sun Runner I purchased 18 years ago from my folks who were original owners. I'd like to know what model it is and is there any interest in these old boats anymore. I think it's time to let it go as we don't use it anymore. Thanks for any help. It's 20 or 21 feet Cabin Cruiser w/260 Mercruiser Inboard motor. I have not seen any like it in my searches. Was purchased in Spokane from the factory. Maybe it was a one off?
That's what I just got, not sure of the year but that model looks the same. Totally re-powered and new DP leg in 2005, I have the receipts. Used lightly for 5 years and then garage kept. 421 hours on it. Not a mark on it.
Just one thing that is odd. Where are the gas tanks located? It appears the old guy moved them? One or two? Any owners manuals around?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Marley, my Sunrunner SRM 225 CF has the fuel tank located center line in the boat running from about the pilot seat to the engine bay. It is located under a cover panel and if your boat has center-line storage compartments for the battery/batteries and gear, it will be below that. You maybe able to see the tank end in the engine bay if you follow the rubber fuel line from the fuel filter back to the pick-up/fuel sender assembly. It is made of aluminum. Also, you can follow the fuel hose from the fuel cap back to the tank. To determine the year of manufacture, look at the boat hull ID number located on the top right outside of the transom, the date is in there. Hope that helps, cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts