Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're back form Sunsation rally 2002!...The crew from SUNSATION did it again!!! best one that we ever went to. Great food at Metro Beach... better food at Mac&Ray"s, great people, we met Dave 32 & wife ,Agressor Tom (who my wife thinks looks like SUNSATION DAVE)& wife, Jonsey(Jamacian Me Crazy), and Bill and 1st mate Kara. BBBBBBeautiful weather for run on Saturday,rained Sat nite(all nite) we were told.Sunday a.m. hot and humid..With traffic and constuction detours in Mi. and a 15 mile backup of traffic in IND. it took us 1 hour longer to get home from the rally than it does to get to LOTO from our house!!! :laugher: Oh yea it was worth the drive...cant wait till next year.By the way, the new INOVATOR looks awesome,my wife can stand up in the cabin and not hit her head! All it needs she said,as did Sharon Hare(Dave's wife) is a magazine rack in the Enclosed head for "US GUYS" :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I hope you got some pictures. Glad you had a good time. I dread running over to Grand Haven for Labor Day. 80/94 is always nasty in Indiana.
Dan

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hey Enigma,
I was there also... I stopped by Friday (in my boat) to see some friends and take a few people for a ride. I had the 26 Scarab that was REALLY loud. I later put it on the trailer and partied with everyone, I left around midnight. They sure do put on a nice Rally. You say you met a Bill and Kara, could it be Bill and Tera ? Did they have a 32 with black and silver graphics ? if so they are good friends of mine.
I ended up back there Sat. I didn't get up early enough to chase you guys around like I had planned. I did stop by for a few brews in the afternoon though. There were some nice prizes in the 50/50 raffle.
That new 32 is pretty nice looking , and I heard it runs some pretty good numbers too.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
man...traffic through detriot is a real bitch aint it. Sorry I was not able to make it.... I really wanted to be there and hang with all you guys.

- jeff

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
26 SCARAB...your right..I guess when your 50 and older you dont hear as well!!!:laugher: I was the guy who told Bill that I really liked his colors about 2 mins.after some girl told him she thought the colors were "kinda of plain"!!!!:laugher: :laugher:

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Candyman...we went south on 65 to 30 then west to Lockport..the traffic was backed up almost to 65 when we got there! an hour earlier on the cb there was a 17mile backup to the 80/94 split!!THATS HALFWAY ACROSS IND. ON THAT EXPRESSWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!One lady trucker talked to another trucker and was told it took them just about 2 hours to get thru it!!They blame it all on the 4 wheelers who are always in a hurry...nobody will move over when they see a lane closure sign,they all want to be the first in line.Then theres a minor fender bender and every body has to slow down even more and look at it.!!!!:laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Don't have much time to write, but I've got about 20 or so pictures that I'll be posting either here, or on my web site. Also, I got a cool 30 second video (2 meg) that needs a good home for hosting purposes. What do you say Jeff?!?

Enigma,
Were you guys riding along on Dragonheart? If so, my Dad and I were eating lunch with you guys.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
I'll have the video up some time tomorrow morning on another site of mine that has more bandwidth available.

Check back here for the link...

- jeff

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
:smile1: :smile1: :smile1: Damn, that was fun. Sure learn to be pesky in the 25 Aggressor, ran front row with the Innovator and the Pace boat on the second leg from Mac and Rays to Metro at about 70mph, then they just put the hammer down and left me behind! Sweet boats, I need more money. The Rally is well worth the money and effort to get there (well for others, I have no effort cause I live 2 miles from the park). 25's had a tough time in the cross chop, but changes will happen for next years run to make it better. That's what these guys at Sunsation constantly do, continuous improvement on everything they do, thanks Dave, it really was a good time looking forward to next years rally.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Man that rally was the best!!!!Boy did Joe have a heavy hand or what .He had a pace of 60-65 mph (or higher).We were in the 93 teal and black 32.My co-owner won the Grand Prize in the raffle a nice 31'' hdtv .Are luck must be good because 2 years ago at the last rally I won the grand prize, a full leather Sunsation jacket .The Innovator was great looking ran hard and fast. Wayne (who rode with the new owner) told me he needs to tweak the bottom, but it had a good 3-5 mph over the Poker Run America Dominator with same power(500 HP's)and the Innovator is 1000 lb's heavier.The rally looked a lot like this:chase: :chase:

see you all Duane W

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,067 Posts
dwolfgarth was that rally a day to remember or
what?We were running next to you for what seemed to be most of trip!That 93 dominator
look's real good on the water,we were driving
94 dominator with the lime green & black
graphics and(hot boat magazine)painted on it.
Joe Sunsation ended up pairing us up with
Team Marine,those guy's are an absolute riot.
Where do you normally run the 32 foot monster?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Just got done uploading a few picture from the event. Feel free to check them out:

Sunsation Owners Rally 2002

I've got original pictures on my local hardrive, which are bigger and much better quality. Drop me an e-mail and I'll shoot off originals to whoever requests them.

Scott, which well were you guys docked in? Not sure if you were the single motor Dominator or not. I believe it was the single motor Dominator that was hanging with the front of the pack from Gull Island all the way to Algonac. I was very impressed with that boat.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Enigma,
I must have been within 10 ft of you. I was right there when Tera told me that someone dogged him on the colors of his boat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
dominator scott ,I use it just where we were Sat. all over Lake St Clair .I live about a stones throw from Metro Beach.Sure where hip to hip Sat . we ran like twins all day

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bayley....we were on our boat "ENIGMA" we ate lunch with Jonsey & crew from KY.(JAMACIAN ME CRAZY) and another guy who's name I forgot with a 28 who's girl rider drove back to Metro w/Dave

·
Premium Member
9,067 Posts
baley
I believe we were in well 248,wife started to
get a little nervous when we started poking
around the 80mph mark on the stretch heading
to the marina for lunch,and told me to back off
the throttles a bit!
I was running with the front of the pack for most of the run,until my copilot explained the
difference between having a wife and having
a happy wife.
Needless to say I only had a wife for about two
hours after we returned to metro beach!
Back to your original question my boat is a twin
502 that have been breathed on a little.
What were you runnin?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts