Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out thier web site. That 30' is pretty sleek and fast looking. Has anyone owned one or know if they are good quality? They have a narrow beam, and are very light, I bet that thing would fly with a 500HP. The site said 80 mph. Sounds like they would handle the rough stuff very well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
hand biult here on Long Island!!!!

John biulds a good boat. I have checked out a few of them at his shop.

Also they ran f1 last season and i think again this year. Not teh fastest out there. but they are one of the biggest f1 boats. Very good rough water handling.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the 24'. I know lindenhurst. I was born on Long Island and have relatives that live in Freeport, Hemstead, and Point Lookout. I 'm looking for something fast, handles the rough real good and made solid. I tend to run the boats hard.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
If you are looking for fast rough water boats that can take a pounding Long Island is a great place to look. In addition to Superboat (about which I agree with Puder) you should check out Progression, Activitator and Kryptonite. My 24 Progression ran 80 with a bone stock 502 MPI and really stands up to the pounding. Still rock solid after 5 seasons.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
I took at look at their website. I believe you can get their new 35 with all the fixins and HP500EFI's for about 160k.

- jeff

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
John's my ex, so I'm partial to Superboat, but all the Long Island builders build great boats. It must be something in the water.

Jennifer

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff buddy, I would need a large personal loan for that one. However a 24' with a 496HO or 500HP is within my budget for the next two years.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked them out, they are all nice boats, some ahve more creature comforts than others. I do not do much overnighting if any at all so a cabin and stereo/cd are all I ask for. The superboat is the nicest so far, small beam and 22 degree deadrise(maybee I'm confused). How does that work in the rough? They must have figured something out. they have the 30 y2k on special with a 496HO and some nice add-ons for 62,000. 74.5 mph with a labbed 26. Alot of boat for that price.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
jimgoog said:
Checked them out, they are all nice boats, some ahve more creature comforts than others. I do not do much overnighting if any at all so a cabin and stereo/cd are all I ask for. The superboat is the nicest so far, small beam and 22 degree deadrise(maybee I'm confused). How does that work in the rough? They must have figured something out. they have the 30 y2k on special with a 496HO and some nice add-ons for 62,000. 74.5 mph with a labbed 26. Alot of boat for that price.
Both the 24 and the 30 are 7-feet wide and have a deadrise of 24 degrees.

The 21 is 7'8" wide and has a deadrise of 21 degrees.

All of the boats are custom built to order. There are no "amenities." You can rig the boat with whatever you want. We actually had a customer who wanted to rig a 30 with outboards and put a hot tub in the engine compartment with the engine hatch on a hydraulic to act as a sun shade......

He bought a 34 instead. That is the boat that is being sea trialed in a few weeks.

Best regards,
Jennifer

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JENOQ, thanx for the info. They are really nice boats. I have a Baja now. Great boat, just rather pay for speed and handling vs. "amenities". All I would need is a killer stereo to listen to tunes with. defintely on my high consideration list. Seems to me like you get alot more performance than say the 25 Outlaw for the same money.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
jimgoog said:
JENOQ, thanx for the info. They are really nice boats. I have a Baja now. Great boat, just rather pay for speed and handling vs. "amenities". All I would need is a killer stereo to listen to tunes with. defintely on my high consideration list. Seems to me like you get alot more performance than say the 25 Outlaw for the same money.
Dear Jim:

I've been in this business a very long time, and I've heard just about everything. John might be a little rough around the edges, but he tells it like it is. His product is excellent, and his prices are virtually unbeatable. Granted, a Superboat is not for everyone, but in your case, I would certainly take a look.

Good luck in your huntings, and if I can be of further assistence, let me know.

Best regards,
Jennifer

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JENOQ, he must be a New Yorker. I was born there, Hempstead and grew up on Point Lookout and in Uniondale. Some folks down here say the same about me. I would rather have brital honesty vs. some bull to get you to buy.

Thanx.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
jimgoog said:
JENOQ, he must be a New Yorker. I was born there, Hempstead and grew up on Point Lookout and in Uniondale. Some folks down here say the same about me. I would rather have brital honesty vs. some bull to get you to buy.

Thanx.
That's his biggest problem. When he gives you a price, he doesn't have the standard 15 - 25 percent haggle-down figure built in. He gives you THE price on the boat. Trust me, this man figures it down to the number of screws involved, and he doesn't budge. Remember, I used to type up every invoice/purchase order/MSO/etc......

Jennifer

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
JG said "The superboat is the nicest so far, small beam and 22 degree deadrise(maybee I'm confused). How does that work in the rough? "

JG-same as Cig boats and other good riding off shore hulls. The narrow hull has less surface to splat when coming back down. take your hand, flat like a beaver tail and hit the water. Ouch.. Know do it with your hand on edge-like a Karate chop. Simple comparison but the basic principal I think.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nothing wrong with that. I would still say, those boats are very nice. From what I have been reading they are a realy durable/strong boat. You do not see to many for sale. People must be very satisfied with them.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Here is a photo of one with twin V8 outboards, this boat rides very nice in rough water.

I think this boat might be for sale.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts