Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys know/think about the supra bravura? I am looking at getting a smaller boat to take out every now and then when I'm not on the Pachanga. Maybe even get back into wakeboarding.

Also, we like to take our dogs with us and don't like the idea of having them on the Pachanga, "paw nails" and upholstery don’t match well.

It's an 88 and in fair condition. The guy is asking 7000 OBO. I think I can swing 5500, maybe lower with him.

Just curious,

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Supra made a decent ski boat, I dont have anything bad to say about them, they are still around (or were in the last few years) so that tells ya something.

I've wakeboarded behind a few and they put out a nice wake. Only thing to be careful of is they have the nose that curls down, coming back to get skiers at slower speeds can end up in a boat full of water, nothing to worry about, but a word of caution none the less.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Pantera28 said:
I've always been a huge fan of Ski Nautique/CorrectCraft.

http://www.nautiques.com/home.php

and have knee or wake boarded behind them all. Supra's Mastercraft. Even the old outboard Hydrodyne's. Now that's a badazz ski boat.
I couldnt agree more, My father has a nautique it's a 97/98 and still performs like a brand new boat, drives INCREDIBLE. I have skied behind and driven, ski centurion, malibu, supra, mastercraft, barefoot nautique, singe engine outboard hydrodyne, dual hydrodyne's, air nautiques, inboard hydrodynes, Flightcraft, american skier, etc.

Overall quality in my opinion goes to the ski nautique hands down.

Next would be mastercraft, ski centurion, malibu, in no particular order.

Like I said supra makes a good boat, nothing wrong with it at all, but if you can find a nautique instead, resale and value will be better.

Further I may be biased but the shape of the wake with added ballast etc behind the nautique is unbeatable for wakeboarding.

I wakeboarded fairly seriously (competed for a number of years) from 94-2002/3 and rode behind a lot of boats. I started competitive waterskiing when I was 6 and stopped when I was 22. Mainly barefooting and wakeboarding, but also some show skiing. So I've been in around and on a lot of ski boats.

You cant go wrong with a cheap inboard for toating the kids around.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Had a Supra Comp TS6M ski boat with a 351 Pleasure Craft engine, held up very well, seemed to be a very well made boat. No complaints, sold when I moved out of my parents house and found money hard to come by. Sold my '68 RS/SS Camaro too. :(

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I really like the malibu boat line. I had a few of them in the late 90s and loved the boats. I wish i still had one instead of the race boat. :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts