Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many of you have locks to deal with,but if we travel by river,we need to lock to get to the lake.........

Today's tale of the a-hole lockmaster. :mad:
Where the locks are,is also a no wake area. I'm coming around the bend,and I see the locks are open. I radio the lockmaster,tell him I'm around the bend and could he please hold the locks open.He say's No problem. I come around the corner,and there are still 2 boats not in. I think great,I get to around the 600 foot mark,and the lockmaster turns on the red lite. I'm thinking W.T.F....Well he then turns the lite back to green around the 500' mark. I;m like Ok,cool. I hit the 400' mark and the SOB,turns on the red lite again and closes the locks on me. W.T.F ......What an A-HOLE.Well I'm having a chit fit in my boat,ranting and raving,and swear to my wife when the locks re-open,I'm tying off the boat,getting out,and inflicting some serious pain on this Rotton No Good piece of chit of a human being
:mad: :mad: I mean,I would not have been so mad if I didn't call him.

I felt like a Donkey with a carrot dangling in front of me.

Well ,like most good wife's,mine manages to calm me down and talk a little sense into me about hurting this guy,thats after waiting another 30 minutes in 100 degree weather.

What is with these a-holes. The only thing he has to do all damn day is open and close a door. I don't believe they get paid on how many or how little times they actually open or shut them.

W.T.F:mad: :mad: :mad:
Well thanks fastboaters for letting me vent:mad: :mad: W.T.F..............

Don't know what good it will do,but tomorrow I'm calling the head of the Army Corps of Engineers and filing a complaint......Like I said,don't know what good it wiil do,except maybe keeping me out of jail for 1 more week for not killing the SOB today..

Rest assure next time I'm coming towards the locks and he tries to close the doors on me ,my Wife will be posting,cause I'm flooring it and letting the SOB come to me........

Goddamn,friggin ,a-hole piece of chit
And I mean that in the nicest way:D

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
1boatnut,
We also have a locks here to go from lake Union out to the Puget Sound,and today my Wife and I decided to make a run thru the locks to the Sound. This is the first time that my wife has gone thru the locks, we enter the small locks and the the lock master tells me to tie up next to this Searay, well there is not enough room because there is another boat across for him and I won't fit in between them, I tell him there is not enough room so he then says to tie up on the right side of t he locks, we slide into the locks and when we get in there his helper says not to tie up on the right side but to tie up next to the Searay, again I say there is not enough room to this guy and he said to just tie up the best that I can in between these to boats well know my wife is getting stressed because they keep changing there minds so I stuff the boat in between the Searay and a Crownline, glad I had extra bumpers with me! When we came back we got into the big locks and that went much better. My Wife was not that impressed with going thru the locks!
Still a great day of boating sunny and 85!!!:)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
BN,
Two weeks ago we had a lockmaster run out of his building waving at the boats behind me. QUOTE" The lock is two full you have to wait". Two boats enter the lock anyway. He gets on his loudspeaker telling the boaters to remove their boats or they will be arrested. "It is a Federal crime not to listen to me." The funny thing is the lock wasn't close to being half full. New guy with out a clue. That was the same day that the Jet Ski came flying out of the lock with the two girls on it. :eek: Lockmaster explains to the young ladies that they eventually will have to come back through the lock and he will be waiting. I may just make you carry that thing over the lock. :laugher:

Happy Cam installation,
Dan

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Candyman. Thank's for the info. It's good to know it's a Federal law. I think I might enjoy attending that facility much more than a State prison. Politicians,white collar crime guy's, think of it,with all the contacts inside I might come out with a new career.I think they even let you boat in the Federal penn.Maybe a new slip in the future for the Baja?

How does Govenor 1boatnut sound ?:eek:

duchunter,don't worry man,I didn't let this guy ruin my day. Had a great day on the water.But we have to do this every time we go out twice,and I am just sick of these lockmasters thinking they are some sorta water Gods...
Well,they just met the devil:evil: :angry1: :evil:

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Boatnut-The next time you tell us about one of your adventures-don't hold back so much. We need to know how you really felt to get the total effect of your experience.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Boatnut.
I feel for you. Been through that before.

I friend of mine a few years back was coming back from the lake at 2:00a.m. or so and went and rang the bell and over an hour later still nothing. So he ties his boat up and walks into the facility (again a federal offense) and finds the guy sleeping. He ahd to wake him up and the guy starts yelling at my buddy. Hey what s he supposed to do wait until Mr. Goverment worker is done with his nap. Thes guys think they are above all.

On a better note they have stopped the locks and opened them enough for me to come in.:D

Mark

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea Mark,I have had them do the same for me. They are not all a-holes,just this guy. Like I said,had I not called and he confirmed he would leave them open,I would just chalk it up to bad timing.

I called the lockmaster today and made a formal complaint. He was a super nice guy,and asked me to send him something in writing. Probabily just yankin my chain,but we"ll see.

Ron(Royal "T'S") is also calling. He had problems on Saturday,so who knows if it's the same guy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts